Aftermarket gauges.

Corndiddly

Reaction score
What brand on gauges are you guys running? I am looking at getting a A/F gauge and Coolant temp or oil pressure. Been thinking about putting the gauges where the clock is. Any input will help.

Phatboy

Reaction score
Most people are going to say autometer. Personally Im going with prosport. Stay away from glowshift and the lower end of sunpro.

For the A/F gauge go with a wide-band, narrow-band isnt going to tell you squat. And dont skimp here. This is the main gauge that is going to keep you from blowing shit up!

If your choice is coolant temp OR oil pressure. Id go with coolant temp every time.

Marvin97

Reaction score
All of mine are Autometer Ultralite series except my wideband. I have an AEM EUGO wideband. Autometer has taken care of me in the past and the gauges have served me well.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i'm running full sweep electric auto meters and LOVE them. install was a breeze, quality is top notch, and they are accurate as all get-up!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
23395924350_large.jpg

23395924354_large.jpg

23395924353_large.jpg

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have mechanical Stewart Warner oil pressure and water temp gauges.

Both were $15 each.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Autometer boost.

Autometer from what I heard was traditionally the best. But I'm sure there are better gauges now.

Really wish I could afford Ford racing ones... But I don't really have a grand to blow on gauges. Expensive little buggers.

RichV

Reaction score
Autometer Pro-Comp is what I have n #71. And Ultra-Lite like MC's in my SVO.

I would recommend electronic gauges for inside the interior. Autometer has dominated the market for many years, you can't go wrong with them for reliability and cost. I wasn't impressed with their mounting options however. I bought a full 'A' pillar for my Dodge with gauge/tuner mount, it's the flimsiest POS ever. Not sure of their quality on mustang mounts.

LETHL 1

Reaction score
does anybody have phantom 2 series gauges? if you do can you change the bulbs to a different color?

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
/\/\Yes you can.. Mine use to have a gay lil film over them to make them look red.. I changed them out. Just find the same bulb in the color of your choice.. I got mine at AutoZone..

Edit.. I have the 2 5/8.. I think the 2 1/16 are sealed..

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That is a nice looking setup. How well does the pillar match the rest of the interior?

8.5 out of 10....

color is slightly off, texture is pretty far off. I hoped for better from autometer, but it works.

The console shroud is a 9 out of 10.... slightly "cheaper" design and feel, but color is good and texture is better.

does anybody have phantom 2 series gauges? if you do can you change the bulbs to a different color?

Yes. I had phantom gauges in mine until i was told you cant run oil/fuel pressure to the inside of the car.... they have standard bulbs with standard cover options.

Currently in mind I just have the green cover on my gauges and they match my SVT cluster pretty stinking well....

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea when I went to add gauges I just could not stomach how much of an add-on the a-pillars look like(short of the speed of sound one) and the two extra gauges in the corners would be cool if it were not for the extra screws holding the shrowd on.

LETHL 1

Reaction score
i am talking about gauges like these...

are those the ones your talking about? where the numbers glow instead of the entire thing

LETHL 1

Reaction score
i just want the numbers to glow and was wondering if you can change the color to blue to blue so it will match the ordinary gauges

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
You can make them what ever color you want with the plx gauges. Design your own shape or download custom styles they have.

LETHL 1

Reaction score
so i can change the color of the numbers in phantom 2 gauges?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online