Alignment Settings 98SVT?

Darkness_98SVT

Reaction score
Hey everyone! First, apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, I'm new, so feel free to direct me to the correct place if I'm lost.

I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on alignment settings for my 98 SVT Cobra. I recently fitted my car with a set of Eibach Sportlines and a set of J&M cc plates, now it's alignment time.

This is a street car so it won't see any track time yet (still needs more work before that can happen)... so this is what I was leaning towards, thoughts?

4.5 Caster
-1 to -1.25 Negative Camber
.05 / 0.5 toe

or as close as tech can get.

Appreciate your feedback, thanks in advance!

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Seems pretty reasonable to me. I typically would go just a bit toe in on a street car, mostly because it will help you with high speed stability, won't cause the car to jump around side to side with every road imperfection. Other than that, everything seems fine.

Chris Stephens

Reaction score
What did you settle on?

"This is a street car so it won't see any track time yet (still needs more work before that can happen)... so this is what I was leaning towards, thoughts?"

dont like that.gif

What're you waiting on? Change your oil, put some half decent brake pads on, bleed your brakes, get a helmet, and just get out there!

joe65

Reaction score
not sure you can get ahold of them, but email max motorsports tech department. they will give you good advice. I've used their info on alignments a few times with great success.

OP
OP
Darkness_98SVT

Darkness_98SVT

Reaction score
not sure you can get ahold of them, but email max motorsports tech department. they will give you good advice. I've used their info on alignments a few times with great success.

I will definitely reach out to them next time, thanks for the heads up!

OP
OP
Darkness_98SVT

Darkness_98SVT

Reaction score
What did you settle on?

"This is a street car so it won't see any track time yet (still needs more work before that can happen)... so this is what I was leaning towards, thoughts?"

View attachment 5567

What're you waiting on? Change your oil, put some half decent brake pads on, bleed your brakes, get a helmet, and just get out there!

LOL re: street car. I wouldn't mind taking the car to the track, but I definitely need to upgrade a few more things before I do to be on the safe side.

re: my alignment - I ended up w/ about:
4.5 Caster
-1 Negative Camber
.05 toe

Overall, it's riding pretty solid, but I'll definitely need to add the bump steer kit to straighten out the tie rod ends and new ball joints / shocks & struts... Right now the ball joints are just starting to give out. I'm getting some unpleasant sounds on front driver side. When I updated cc plates / springs, I noticed they weren't in the best shape; I was hoping they would hold out, but I think they've reached max shelf life. lol Oh well, maybe next summer when funds are more readily available.

Chris Stephens

Reaction score
Nearly any street car will do just fine on the track with basic prep work. No need for upgrades, just the basic safety stuff.

But, I do understand wanting it to be in good shape so you don't break anything. My first time ever on the track was Hallett in 2015 in a 2001 GT convertible, completely bone-stock, I don't even know what pads, didn't bleed brake fluid, etc. Did fine the first day. The second day, brake fluid boiled and got uncomfortably close to a GT500 rear bumper. Reviewing the GoPro vids later, it wasn't nearly as close as it felt like on the track, but that'll slow you down! I moved to the left and started to get off the track and noticed my car was overheating at the same time.

I also had to replace ball joints after that trip, the car was much looser in the front end afterward.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online