Alright lets play a game...

OP
OP
GT3FC

GT3FC

Reaction score
alright now y'all no need to get hostile here, a thought just crossed my mind. If there is a tune an my computer and I were to load up a bama tune could it possibly cause the engine to bend a valve? If the ECU is tuned for the cams that are in there and the timing is changed in the tune that is on there now and I load up a bama tune and the bama tune calls for a different engine timing do I run the risk of bending a valve? or is the 02 4.6 2v a non interference engine?

nightfire

Reaction score
LOL a tune isn't going to "bend a valve" no matter how bad it is.

You sound like you don't know a whole lot about cars or tuning. The best advice to you is to do some research and educate yourself before wasting money

OP
OP
GT3FC

GT3FC

Reaction score
LOL a tune isn't going to "bend a valve" no matter how bad it is.

You sound like you don't know a whole lot about cars or tuning. The best advice to you is to do some research and educate yourself before wasting money

I do know about cars although I am new to the whole tuning game.... This is the first car Iv built up and this is my research I have done a bunch of research on everything that I do with my car... Obviously there is a lot that I do not know.... Isn't that why we join these forums? So that we can help each other out in areas where others arnt so strong?

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Obviously there is a lot that I do not know.... Isn't that why we join these forums? So that we can help each other out in areas where others arnt so strong?

Yes! You are correct. :)

kb1982

Reaction score
A bad tune, a really bad one, wont bend valves, they just melt pistons and cause ring lands to break. Obviously, this is more likely to happen with forced induction than a NA motor. Running lean and timing curves are the 2 biggest culprits. Do the 4.6 motors have knock sensors in them?

nightfire

Reaction score
I do know about cars although I am new to the whole tuning game.... This is the first car Iv built up and this is my research I have done a bunch of research on everything that I do with my car... Obviously there is a lot that I do not know.... Isn't that why we join these forums? So that we can help each other out in areas where others arnt so strong?

You're absolutely right and I apologize. I was in a somewhat pissy mood when I wrote that lol

nightfire

Reaction score
Yes, PI 2V's have knock sensors. I don't know about the NPI's though

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
ENGLISH....DO YOU SPEAK IT?

LOL who wouldn't drive a measly 40 miles to save money?

You're "logic" is severely ****ed up....as I'm sure you are as well.

i 100% Blame google speach to text....

Basically what I was saying is... The performance automotive market lives 100% on local support. The speed shops that pay for local racers, or local events or even classes. The customer service you get from buying a tuner at your local shop or from the guy who ends up doing your final tune on the rollers is WHO you want to give your money to. Show him your willing to spend the extra buck, he will show you he stands by his tunes. If the car starts running bad or you need a quick few adjustments or even questions on how to use it. he will be 100% for helping you because you helped him. Buy it from Bama and call the 800 # and thats what you get.

Basically its about supporting your local market. The small speed shops dont make a ton on parts and they need he support from the local man to survive. Besides the fact that mail order tunes are a joke, you really need to get the car on the rollers and get everything figured out right and then you will have a car you can trust and drive.

OP
OP
GT3FC

GT3FC

Reaction score
Well I went against of what most of y'all said and I got a Bama tuner and after playing around with the parameters of the tunes This morning I couldn't be happier. From everything I have seen some people love Bama and some hate em. Well as of right now I love em and I have my car running better than the day I had it in short I'm happy with my choice of buying the tuner and I'm happy with the tunes that I got. And for anyone who was actually playing the game of guessing whether or not it would idle on the tune (you know the whole reason this thread was created) it did idle with the tune out of the box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online