Am I right or wrong?

PinkieT

Reaction score
I bought an intake off eBay. The listing heading said was a 98-04 Ford Racing Intake Manifold. The details said it was used for only 150 miles. The picture was

intake%20on%20ebay_zpsopprdfe5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I got the manifold bare - no injectors or fuel rails. The seller said basically the heading said intake, and since I got the intake I have no beef. I think the seller should have either 1) taken the picture AFTER he took off all the accessories, or 2) stated in the details that it was a bare manifold, the accessories were not included. Am I off base?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Post the list description.

IMO you should receive everything in the pictures provided unless other wise indicated. Ideally sellers should list everything included though. But that isn't always the case.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'd file a claim lol.

Just as you said, nothing says the fuel rails and injectors would not be included. That's a faulty ad. See if paypal can't help you get some $$$ back. Ebay is pretty strict on items being as they are described/pictured. If you're not gonna include something, you have to include that in a note. Otherwise, you're not getting what you thought you paid for.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I agree the ad should have read fuel rails and injectors not included. That's a lot for a used PI Intake.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
I was in a dispute long ago with similar circumstances, eBay didn't help. I have almost 200 feedbacks on eBay with a high rating, he has only nine, all recent. Newbie! Not a deliberate scam, just somebody who didn't know what he was doing. Considering the manifold is like new, I didn't overpay. Life is too short to get in a pissing match over the holidays, decided to build up some good karma instead. I schooled him on what he did wrong and agreed to not give negative feedback if he agreed to give me positive.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
You got shafted dude. It's that simple

you can get a brand new one for 225 shipped off eBay.

unless stated you should be receiving everything in the photos.

You should file a claim and be reimbursed some for the missing items.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Ive been in similar situation with ebay. Ebay sided with me and reimbursed my money.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
I saved $66.15 off the cheapest new one off eBay, $136 off a new one at American Muscle. I would have bid the $150 for this almost new one even if I knew it was just a bare manifold. I didn't pay too much for what I got.

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
If you're happy with what you got for what you paid, then you didn't overpay...simple as that. But on corral, and facebook classifieds pages, Ford OEM PI Intakes in perfect condition go for around $100, and anything less is a good deal.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you are happy with it then that is all that is needed. I have paid more for some things that I wanted because I needed it and because I could. Sometimes the hassle may not be worth the potential small compensation you may or may not receive and now you know next time to ask if everything pictured is included.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online