american muscle horrible customer service

blk98gtvert

Reaction score
i ordered 18 inch black chrome saleen wheels for my 98 gt. two days after i ordered them they sent me an email saying the wheels were on back order. about a month later the 18x10s were in stock so they sent me those. when i opened the box one wheel was damaged so i had to send it back. i received the new one about a month later. after lots of calling and checking on the status of the 18x9s they kept telling me every time they are for sure coming in next month. randomly after 7 months of waiting i get one 18x9 so now i have 3 wheels it has now been a year of waiting still haven't got my complete set. i just sent them back because that is ridiculous to wait that long for wheels. i was tired of them lying to me everytime i called i recently spent 5 grand on bolt on this past summer i wish i went elsewhere with my business. i found them cheaper and in stock on cjponyparts.

TanTop94

Reaction score
That's crazy, most people speak highly of AM. Hell we even have some members that work for them. Sucks to hear that.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's crazy, most people speak highly of AM. Hell we even have some members that work for them. Sucks to hear that.

No doubt, this is the first bad thing I've ever heard about from them. Their customer service is usually almost unmatched.

Sent from bored/stroked HTC One

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
No doubt, this is the first bad thing I've ever heard about from them. Their customer service is usually almost unmatched.

Sent from bored/stroked HTC One

Their customer service via email is non existent... Everytime I email them I never get an email back. Always have to call.

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

NERD

Reaction score
That's what you get for wanting to be like everyone else, lol.

lutter94

Reaction score
I think I've heard other negative things about buying wheels thru them. Everything else is great. Spent a few hundred, then got an email, spend 100 get a free banner. Sent an email, said I had bought a lot lately, they sent a tracking number, A+ in my book.

joser714

Reaction score
I think I've heard other negative things about buying wheels thru them. Everything else is great. Spent a few hundred, then got an email, spend 100 get a free banner. Sent an email, said I had bought a lot lately, they sent a tracking number, A+ in my book.

Got that banner too after buying my manifold and other exterior stuff plus fuel filter what was odd to me was that everything shipped separately

Sinned83

Reaction score
Your better off the quality of their wheels sucks anyway. I have never had an issue with their customer service though

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've always had good luck with their customer service. However I agree their wheels seem to always have problems. It seems their finishes always flake or have some sort of issue. Although most of the time they'll handle the problem accordingly, the fact that most people have problems with their wheels to begin with should be a problem they address. I will probably never order wheels from them, but other products absolutely.

Also, please don't email companies with issues. It's much better to have a 1 on 1 conversation with a rep or sales person than to talk via email behind a computer screen. It's much easier for someone to ignore you or beat around the bush in an email.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Um.. Here's a negative.. When they sent the wrong gaskets for my bro's throttlebody and it caused an issue. They basically said go **** yourself, your own your own. Other than that, they're pretty good.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Also, please don't email companies with issues. It's much better to have a 1 on 1 conversation with a rep or sales person than to talk via email behind a computer screen. It's much easier for someone to ignore you or beat around the bush in an email.

Meh... this is true for large companies that have dedicated customer service departments but it really depends on who you're dealing with. For me, I'd rather people email me instead of call. Quite frankly, I don't have time to stop what I'm doing constantly and answer the phone. And likewise, I don't have time in my day to call people and play phone tag. I'm on the road a lot. I'm always doing something, and I'd much rather correspond via email and I encourage my customers to contact me using that method first, rather than blowing up the phone.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
True, but after emailing a company about a problem and getting nowhere after several months, it might be time to pick up a phone and let them have it.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. The longest an email from one of my customers may sit unanswered is a day or two if it's the weekend or I'm super swamped.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
It's not so much they beat around the bush with my emails but they literally DO NOT respond to them. For awhile they'd always be good about replying to an email within a buisness day or so. But then suddenly email after email ignored. I sent a good 5 or 6 emails about one thing I didn't have time to call about. No answer. I finally got a member on here that works for AM to personally take care of it for me. But honestly you're a company that has a email specifically for support that's called [email protected]. Reply to my damn email.
Lmao

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea if I do not hear back in a day or two then I am calling. it is unfortunate but who knows what the true story on their end was.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
meh... I like emails. And if a company expects me to buy their products I expect them to figure out email.

I like emails for a number of reasons:
1. I hate talking on the phone, I just do.
2. Emails are 100% recorded, I don't need to worry about missing info, recording wrong info or remembering anything. And vise-versa on the companies side. Its all stored. I like stuff in writing.
3. Your contact information is there. If you call someone and they say they'll get back to you, but forget to get your contact info they're not going to get back to you. I've done that before at jobs... it happens.
4. I can do it on my own time. They don't need to be open and I don't have to be put on hold. Especially if there's a time difference it might be hard to get a hold of the company during store hours.

I think its just as easy to ignore someone on the phone "uh huh uh huh, okay I'll take care of it".

Emails are so common and widely used, I expect a company to be able to provide a decent service through email or they won't be receive my money again.

As for AM. Just ordered a coil from them. Everything went smoothly, I was happy. But I've never had to deal with their customer service, usually I hear nothing but good though.

venomisback

Reaction score
That sucks. AM really took care of me when I had an issue with a wheel/tire combo I bought. One wheel had a small bend on the lip. I called AM, sent pics, and they sent me a new wheel and tire within days.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Am has been exceptional for me. I had a set of Bullitts I bought from them. After 11 months the chrome started chipping. They sent me a new set free of charge. With my latest set of rims they forgot to send one of the center caps. They promptly shipped one to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

RichV

Reaction score
I'm a little shocked to see a Corporation such as AM to have bad service. Sounds like the situation was definitely out of the norm, but as the customer there would be no way in hell I'd let it go along as the OP did.

As bad as i sounds you need to be the squeaky wheel (no pun intended), gimme my money back 100% if you can't complete the order. If you don't get 100% of the order to 100% satisfaction, they need to make it right. But if you wait forever plus a day, good luck getting satisfaction.

Bummer to hear it man, we all buy tons of stuff online.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
^ agree.
I mean.. what the heck where you thinking while you where waiting a year for a wheels?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markstang73

Members online