Another guy with the infamous ON3 question

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
pretty sure I have a black set (braided and black an fittings) I could sell ya that would make it a lot easier if your not in a huge hurry. Chrones and family stuff has me busy at the moment...

OP
OP
M

mrsn95guy

Reaction score
Bought the B&G hotside today brian is frigging awesome, he talked to me for 30 minutes like I was a friend. Thanks guys, 10 weeks out so I can get the fuel stuff in line.
I'm going to hopefully start a build thread, I'm pretty stoked.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You won't be disappointed!!!!

Now look at cx racing for your cold side. Reasonable pricing and good quality.

Also, you can look at Glenn's performance for complete fuel systems if it helps.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Addermk2

Reaction score
I've got a brand new Glenns tank that I need to part ways with.

Cheap too

Addermk2

Reaction score
Trying to get $350.

As for why I'm not using it... I'd rather not go into details. But the short version is, I came across a better alternative that involves modifying the trunk pan.

OP
OP
M

mrsn95guy

Reaction score
Right now I'm looking at a 255 walbro and 60lb injectors, shouldn't pose a idle problem hopefully. The hotide is 10 weeks out so I'm going to work on "freshing" up suspension a little.
now the meat and tater question will 3:55 be to steep for a 70mm .68 exhaust turbo. I love 3:55 and seen guys run them no problem

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
3.55 is a good 5sp gear for a turbo car. That's what is goin in mine right now.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Eh...

I'm running 3.08s

There's plenty of guys running stock gearing with turbos and 5spds.

I should of clarified that my point was higher gearing is fine as if you go to low your hurting yourself.

Wichers123

Reaction score
Yes use something better in turbo department and go for the aem 320lph pump, it's ethanol safe and direct intank replacement. I run 3.55 gear right now and it's okay, stock 2.73 gear would be fine to start off. Don't add extra work and money till the turbo kit is sorted out, unless you got mown falling out of your pockets. Also what maf are you running? I would suggest a vms slot blow thru.

cameron57

Reaction score
I had bought one for my car I was not Impressed with the quality espicially considering what Else I could have got. The crossover pipe did not fit correctly, and there turbo was junk. I tried to get them to warranty the crossover pipe and they said it was not installed correctly. It was on a bone stock 94 gt and it hit the balancer. Anyways I would not buy from them again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Addermk2

Reaction score
I had bought one for my car I was not Impressed with the quality espicially considering what Else I could have got. The crossover pipe did not fit correctly, and there turbo was junk. I tried to get them to warranty the crossover pipe and they said it was not installed correctly. It was on a bone stock 94 gt and it hit the balancer. Anyways I would not buy from them again.

You must have done something VERY wrong, for it to hit the balancer

cameron57

Reaction score
Not sure how you would even do that. Its amazing that once we cut out there junk flex coupling and welded a section of pipe in there was no issues.

OP
OP
M

mrsn95guy

Reaction score
Wow guys I have not updated the thread at all boy ole boy did I jump into this build with smiles and grins and now I am sitting here almost a year later with no running car and alot of regret. Where to start lol, in march of 2016 I found out that I was going to be a dad for the very first time. So that meant I had to go and do things completely different I went from living in a mobile home to getting a house. The build was moving along great until the life changing news and the move. The move is where it kind of went south, whilst I was moving I just kind of threw things in bins with the idea of jumping back on it as soon as I finished moving. Well life never tends to work the way you expected and none of that happened, I got a new job and worked on my small business in the process so free time was virtually gone. So now here I am no running mustang and a bunch of parts in the fall, after speaking with brian at B&G my motor mounts needed to be replaced to make this all fall together.
So I have never done anything of this magnitude before and I got shell shocked with everything else going on, word to anyone who is contemplating turbo be PATIENT. Now I have swapped over intake to a foxbody style and I am jumping back on the horse over the next couple of weeks planning to take photos and use this site a great deal. Now what do I regret you may ask? Well I should have bit the bullet and built me a 351w to take boost and been done with it, the 302 was super fun with nitrous and after I look at all the money I have in a block that might give up the ghost after 3 months I am going to be extremely sad. I know it sounds weird but I love this car and it has always been a way for me to get rid of stress, and without it I have found myself missing my old comrade.
So all that is left is megasquirt, I now have a 3 bay shop with a 10,000lb lift and working A\C and heat so no more excuses. I will post a build thread for anybody who wants to see what throwing money at a metal can looks like.
Thank you for taking time to read my sob story,
Ryan

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Wow guys I have not updated the thread at all boy ole boy did I jump into this build with smiles and grins and now I am sitting here almost a year later with no running car and alot of regret. Where to start lol, in march of 2016 I found out that I was going to be a dad for the very first time. So that meant I had to go and do things completely different I went from living in a mobile home to getting a house. The build was moving along great until the life changing news and the move. The move is where it kind of went south, whilst I was moving I just kind of threw things in bins with the idea of jumping back on it as soon as I finished moving. Well life never tends to work the way you expected and none of that happened, I got a new job and worked on my small business in the process so free time was virtually gone. So now here I am no running mustang and a bunch of parts in the fall, after speaking with brian at B&G my motor mounts needed to be replaced to make this all fall together.
So I have never done anything of this magnitude before and I got shell shocked with everything else going on, word to anyone who is contemplating turbo be PATIENT. Now I have swapped over intake to a foxbody style and I am jumping back on the horse over the next couple of weeks planning to take photos and use this site a great deal. Now what do I regret you may ask? Well I should have bit the bullet and built me a 351w to take boost and been done with it, the 302 was super fun with nitrous and after I look at all the money I have in a block that might give up the ghost after 3 months I am going to be extremely sad. I know it sounds weird but I love this car and it has always been a way for me to get rid of stress, and without it I have found myself missing my old comrade.
So all that is left is megasquirt, I now have a 3 bay shop with a 10,000lb lift and working A\C and heat so no more excuses. I will post a build thread for anybody who wants to see what throwing money at a metal can looks like.
Thank you for taking time to read my sob story,
Ryan

Funny how kids change everything, keep your head up and of course post a build thread. Dont forget, we like to look at pictures.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online