any help with pics of scottrod engine panels with an access panel for the fuse box?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
As the title says I am at the point that I am ready too install the scottrod engine bay panels and want too keep access too the fuse box with a removable panel. Is there someone that has done this before that could help with some pics to give me some ideas? I have a 2nd fuse box that I am going to mount next too it so am considering making a tray that I would mount everything too and then mount the tray in place. Anyone have any better ideas?

Also curious about the hinge/latch mechanism if anyone can help with that. I have done panels/doors plenty of times with wood but this is my first time building with metal really. I have access too air tools/welder.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
would LOVE to see this!

really? Didn't think it would be that exciting and was really just going to show the "after" shot. At this point I cut the inner fender to get access to the panels back and just trying to figure out where to go from here.

Suspect

Reaction score
ive done mine 3 times. im happy with how it is now. 1st time was where the horns were. pita to change a fuse tho i never had to. 2nd time i used the original bracket and mounted it on the stock panels. 3rd and last i just cut a small hole on ran the wires in and just mounted it like stock. coolest way ive seen is how opal did it.

2nd time.. never really finished tucking it..

3rd and how it is now..

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
that engine bay is so damn clean.
I like the 2nd location but recess it lower and put a sliding door over it.

95opal

Reaction score
first time around I simply used dzus fasners for the cover. This time around I will change it up to be a little cleaner but left it in the same location.

Suspect

Reaction score
i was going to use well nuts, but i think those look a little better. ive also seen some cool plunger fasteners that would work. guess it dont matter now since i have my fuse box out now. :p

C you know when you do your hci we have to hide some wires.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you both have incredibly clean installs. we just slapped mine in (shhhh... dont tell anyone) lol.

95opal

Reaction score
you both have incredibly clean installs. we just slapped mine in (shhhh... dont tell anyone) lol.
no scottrod panels here chris my entire bay was hand crafted from scratch

95opal

Reaction score
is your windshield wiper motor cover (the front half in the bay) the original piece, just painted?

yes sir ..originaly black, then carbon hydroprint, now painted. Going for ultra clean this time around. Remember Im only going to have a blower and ALT on the new set up and with the radiator recessed in the core support along with the custom shroud and lower air spats all painted opal. This motor is gonna pop. BTW I have some aluminum plates made for than cover that the bulkheads for my fuel and crankcase venting will hook up to.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nice.

I'm sure whatever you do will be your standard mediocrity that ashames us all. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online