Anybody done recessed gauges?

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
[MENTION=9659]95opal[/MENTION] were you the one making the autometerish looking bezels for the stock gauges?

95opal

Reaction score
95opal were you the one making the autometerish looking bezels for the stock gauges?

I had some my buddy was producing but lack of interest put that to the wayside. I can still get them but there is limited number of them left.

Here they are in my car previously

7013aeaa.jpg

OP
OP
Photonfanatic

Photonfanatic

Reaction score
Very nice. But I'm not interested in white faced gauges, as I prefer the car to be largely dark inside at night. I could just do the same thing with black faced gauges though.

I will say that I am still hoping that I can "upgrade" to actual autometer brand gauges though. They claim that they're way more accurate, but who really knows. Of course they're going to claim that.

95opal

Reaction score
The florida 5.0 piece looks like crap try making your own.

Heres mine, still working on smoothing the outer bezel into the gauge plate. I didn't use a cluser housing, simply made the gauge plate and fabricated some mounting brackets.

DSCF0136_zps3e2ce8ca.jpg

Very nice. But I'm not interested in white faced gauges, as I prefer the car to be largely dark inside at night. I could just do the same thing with black faced gauges though.

I will say that I am still hoping that I can "upgrade" to actual autometer brand gauges though. They claim that they're way more accurate, but who really knows. Of course they're going to claim that.

Look at my previous post above.
You also don't have to run white faced gauges with those trim rings I posted earlier either. You can run pink for all we care, its your car run whatever you want. Same goes for the autometer set up I made. You don't have to run the same gauge or use carbon fiber. You wanted ideas...I just threw two at ya ...Really not that complicated find gauges you like, find way to fit and mount .... bam your done..

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had some my buddy was producing but lack of interest put that to the wayside. I can still get them but there is limited number of them left.

Here they are in my car previously

7013aeaa.jpg

I still have a set of those trim rings in my closet from 69, never got around to swapping out my cluster so they are tucked away.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online