Anyone have experience with this valve spring compressor tool?

Nighttrain

Reaction score
He posts more info than I look up on my own when it comes to the technicalities of the modular 2v. Trying to figure out what I'm going to want (to drop money on) down the road is tough to decide as well. As long as I can come up with a plan to make the small affordable parts compliment the end result I am happy, his info helps a great deal with that

There really are so many possibilities. I like the pi swap because of the compression, its easy, you can get a set fairly cheap and itll compliment later mods like boost nicely. Not trying to turn you away from npi at all. Playing with stuff is part of the fun but imo from a cost standpoint you cant beat the swap.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I've got the PI cams and intake, but eventually I'd like to run a lower cost turbo or used supercharger(looking towards the on3 forward facing kit) in a year or two. I have seen too many mixed reviews on whether or not the compression bump from the PI heads on an NPI lower end is accepting of boost. But hell, I might just swap heads in the mean time if I can find a deal since I'm not ready to dump the cash for the boost yet. I hate my conscience, every time I want to dump some money into my car I realize that that money could go towards the principal of my student loans... Should be free soon enough lol

Nighttrain

Reaction score
I've got the PI cams and intake, but eventually I'd like to run a lower cost turbo or used supercharger(looking towards the on3 forward facing kit) in a year or two. I have seen too many mixed reviews on whether or not the compression bump from the PI heads on an NPI lower end is accepting of boost. But hell, I might just swap heads in the mean time if I can find a deal since I'm not ready to dump the cash for the boost yet. I hate my conscience, every time I want to dump some money into my car I realize that that money could go towards the principal of my student loans... Should be free soon enough lol

Ehhhh.....cars more enjoyable.
Hehe!

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Yea the pi swap is a real bang for the buck.

Not trying to down play the npi's at all. I love playing with stuff just like you. Id do the swap then start working the npi's while i drive and enjoy the car. Then when im satisfied(if that ever happens) with the npi's swap back and see what i got! Possibilities are endless really, might have to pick up a spare npi block because decking would be in the works too.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Multiple engine combos sound fun to me

I need to start picking up these old motors when they come up on Craigslist for cheap and make a frankenbuild some time. I think you guys would lead me in the right direction!

Nighttrain

Reaction score
I need to start picking up these old motors when they come up on Craigslist for cheap and make a frankenbuild some time. I think you guys would lead me in the right direction!

Si! Senoir! Lol in all honesty its just too much fun......blak's got me thinking about a 5.4 build too. I just gotta keep it all straight in the filing cabinet on top of my neck!

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Well....the 5.4l is just a big 4.6l. Anyone who likes to "drive" their mustang will find the 5.4l fills that week engine void.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Yep it on demand spin pedal! 300lb of torque off idle make for a good feeling

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online