Auto to T5 is now COMPLETE!

atlantic98stang

Reaction score
Auto to T5 swap kit from Midwest Mustang - Ordered
Spec Stage 1 clutch - Ordered
MGW short throw shifter - Ordered
Gripper 5-Speed with chrome top - Ordered
Redline leather shift boots - Ordering around X-Mas

Everything was ordered this weekend so should be here by the end of this week, if not beginning of next.  I have a shop doing the swap for me so whenever i get the parts in my car will be MIA...Anyways im hella pumped to finally have a manual...It sucks because i learned to drive on a manual, but bought an auto...oh well...i will keep you all updated (i will be visiting the shop everyday to see the progress and take a few pics...anyways im bored so i though i would let everyone know whats going on in my world...thanks

S

scarface

Re: Auto to T5 swap has started!!!

great...kep us updated

97GT

Thats Awesome, please keep us updated on this whole process, I am going to do the same swap on my 97 GT. Kinda curious how hard it is and how much modifying is required. Good Luck with the project. Nice car by the way!!!!

OP
OP
A

atlantic98stang

Reaction score

~UPDATE~

My car is complete...i now have a 5speed...but there were a few problems along the way....

I picked up my car and everything was going good...i was driving to my girlfriends apartment....i shifted from 2nd to 3rd and BOOM!!! There was this hella loud boom, almost like a gun going off along with a tick tack after...I pulled over and truned off the car and turned it back on...put it in first and it would rev up but not go anywhere...i called the shop and they towed it back...

After getting the car jacked up they noticed i broke my driveshaft yoke...The driveshaft then fell, and was spinning on my exhaust...it made a hole in my exhaust. It also bent the actual driveshaft and twisted one end...Luckily i was able to get a used driveshaft yoke and driveshaft today...they also welded the hole in my exhaust...Everything is running good now...I just need to go get the exhaust pipe replaced here in the next few days...here are a few pics....

Another ugly pedal pic...

BoogieStangConv

Reaction score
Very nice man, Sucks that that broke, but Is cool that you're all good now.
I'm really wanting to do this conversion sometime, but I just cant at the moment.
Enjoy the 5-speed man

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
a driveshaft can do a lot of damage. the damage could have been much worse

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online