Back in the saddle

OP
OP
Above118

Above118

Reaction score
That sucks, at-least they are compensating. Cant wait to see those new wheels on!

Yea that it does suck,good news is i got it back today!! I cant wait either. Should be here sometime next week. I plan on putting up a poll on what color will look best. Silver,Vintage gold or black. Going to plasti dip them to see what i like before going with powder coat.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Yea that it does suck,good news is i got it back today!! I cant wait either. Should be here sometime next week. I plan on putting up a poll on what color will look best. Silver,Vintage gold or black. Going to plasti dip them to see what i like before going with powder coat.

Nice!!! Good idea post up the dip results and make a poll! Should really make that ruby red pop. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Above118

Above118

Reaction score
Yup thats the plan!...im for sure not doing black,but might as well post it up since that will be my dip base.

OP
OP
Above118

Above118

Reaction score
Wheels finally came,had to check fitment before i would accept them. Love the look,now im second guessing even powdercoating them vintage gold. but who know. Tires to come soon...

OP
OP
Above118

Above118

Reaction score
thanks man,i appreciate it. Now with the calipers and rotors being so exposed...they need to be painted.

OP
OP
Above118

Above118

Reaction score
Finally got the Tires mounted..running 285-35-19 on the Rear and 275-35-19 on the front.
Also,my wife surprised me with an early xmas gift and got my windows tinted.
Had some warm weather here all week,but all rain so i couldn't install my springs or pan hard bar yet. Hopefully i can on Sunday since it shouldn't rain.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Nice looking car bud. I like the choice of wheels

OP
OP
Above118

Above118

Reaction score
Well....i put the suspension on today. NOT HAPPY AT ALL! Rear lowered about 1 1/4 inches which is what i was hoping...the front,not even an 1/8!! I was in a time crunch so i havent really had a chance to see if there was some sort of install error on my part. Ill recheck it all tomorrow. So frustrated with myself for not doing it on sunday when i knew id have more time.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Did your bearing under the CC plate open up and send little ball bearings everywhere? If so, lucky you lol. I spent quite some time reassembling that monster!

OP
OP
Above118

Above118

Reaction score
Did your bearing under the CC plate open up and send little ball bearings everywhere? If so, lucky you lol. I spent quite some time reassembling that monster!

lmao YES! only 2 fell out tho when i was undoing the spring compressors. i looked at it and said "oh Fk me!" then i realized they could be put back together and worked just fine. but i will upgrade to the gt500 ones soon. Turns out the "steeda ultralites" i bought off a guy are actually some hyper co. brand. Pissed about it really. i was getting a weird knocking sound going over bumps. took took the wheels of and double checked everything was tight. It was all good,but still got the damn sound. Soi took it all off and put all my stock stuff back on besides the panhard bar for now.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Damn! I know Steeda has a few weird names under them, I just can't think of them right now :(

But man I know your pain! They blew apart in my side yard so I was digging through grass to get all the bearings lmao

OP
OP
Above118

Above118

Reaction score
Damn! I know Steeda has a few weird names under them, I just can't think of them right now :(

But man I know your pain! They blew apart in my side yard so I was digging through grass to get all the bearings lmao

shortly after i typed that last reply i called up steeda and in fact they are steeda sports...not the ultralites tho. im going to a buddys shop tomorrow to put it on his lift and re-do all the work and adjust the panhard bar. hopefully it works out.

if i had to dig threw the grass for the barrings my car would have stayed on the jack stands. lol fkkkk that. to many damn bearing to search for haha.

OP
OP
Above118

Above118

Reaction score
Get around to installing my Demon Eye LED kit my wife had bought me for Christmas...i like that for the 13-14 baking the lights isnt required. But i also think it would have mad the install of the strips a little easier. But here they are. Can change them all different types of colors,and flash patterns. I like them.

quick video

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.