Back with another Mustang

Walking Tall

Reaction score
Hey guys, it’s been awhile. I got rid of my last Mustang (‘99 Cobra) back in 2014. Since then I remarried, had daughter and now twin boys on the way! The last “fun” car I had was a 2015 Focus ST. Which I just now realized I no longer have many pics of.

adaddd2c7da9425d8291d4d1b1584679.jpg

That car was traded on a 2016 Flex when my 2 year old was born.

After I traded in the ST, family took over in priority. Just recently I was able to get another Mustang as a second vehicle and I couldn’t be happier!

The specs are:
2004 Mustang GT

SLP Longtubes
SLP Catted X
SLP LM1 Catback
SR Lowering Springs
SR CAI
18x9 and 18x10 FR500s

1d44b90f722840dab7ec7e70174528e1.jpg

5a10fbce5c59743be5832beeb556c06e.jpg

558c0c8eb192e32a10e400a5cb8b2749.jpg

I look forward to posting more and catching up with everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
man its funny I skimmed the post and caught all the details on the cars, but somehow missed the details on the new kids.

OP
OP
Walking Tall

Walking Tall

Reaction score
man its funny I skimmed the post and caught all the details on the cars, but somehow missed the details on the new kids.

Thanks! It’s crazy that I posted this today but we are actually at the hospital now. Looks like they were ready to come early!

OP
OP
Walking Tall

Walking Tall

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! We got two future Mustang drivers that arrived around 2am. Mom is doing great. The boys came a little early and will get to stay a little while, but are doing good!

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Welcome back dood. Long time, no see. I had a similar deal, 2 kids made it so I should have 4 door vehicles. A dozen xj and zj later, plus a complete fummins build, and I'm also finally back to having fun cars .

OP
OP
Walking Tall

Walking Tall

Reaction score
Welcome back dood. Long time, no see. I had a similar deal, 2 kids made it so I should have 4 door vehicles. A dozen xj and zj later, plus a complete fummins build, and I'm also finally back to having fun cars .

Thanks man! Good to see you back!

Unfortunately for me I’m too tall for a traditional 4 door car to work for me with a rear facing car seat. The STs that I owned had the driver’s seat almost touching the rear passenger seat. Now with 4 kids total, I gave up on the dream of something “cool” that could hold the entire family. We ended up with something that I’m ashamed to say I love but...

IMG_2863.jpg

I absolutely love it. It does exactly what it’s intended to do and that is be a comfortable daily driver with a family.

It did take a large piece of my soul away though. That has now come back with the Mustang.

Last edited:

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks man! Good to see you back!

Unfortunately for me I’m too tall for a traditional 4 door car to work for me with a rear facing car seat. The STs that I owned had the driver’s seat almost touching the rear passenger seat. Now with 4 kids total, I gave up on the dream of something “cool” that could hold the entire family. We ended up with something that I’m ashamed to say I love but...

View attachment 268

I absolutely love it. It does exactly what it’s intended to do and that is be a comfortable daily driver with a family.

It did take a large piece of my soul away though. That has now come back with the Mustang.

I still can’t bring myself to like minivans but I love the flex’s. To me they’re a less soccer mom looking version of a minivan. Plus they are available with the SHO platform so I can keep my man card if I buy one!! Lol

OP
OP
Walking Tall

Walking Tall

Reaction score
I still can’t bring myself to like minivans but I love the flex’s. To me they’re a less soccer mom looking version of a minivan. Plus they are available with the SHO platform so I can keep my man card if I buy one!! Lol

The Flex was great! That was my thinking too. I had wanted one since they came out since I have always been a “boxy wagon” guy. I fit great in it and it had plenty of room. We drove it from Nashville to Miami and it ate up miles like a champ.

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

For us, it was a lease and had a 60/40 split bench in the second row. That meant we couldn’t fit two rear facing car seats in the second row and still access the third row. Plus being a lease meant that I didn’t want to mess with finding rear captains chairs.

The Odyssey has “Magic Slide” second row seats which are a life saver and clearly designed by parents.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Walkingtall...... I dig those minivans, they are very nice. I asked my wifey about one, and it was a very quick "hell no" lmao. Jeeps are more her thing.

I'd actually look into a flex tho, esp since I can tune it and still have some fun.

My fun family car will probably be a 58-64 GM X body, a 98-04 jag xj8, or maybe a 80's wagon. It will depend on what I get a good deal on. I have a 02 Camaro z28 auto I'm gonna use as a donor.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Staff online

Members online