Been around - first time here?

bonylad

Reaction score
Hello, My name is Chris. I have had a 00 GT before but somehow life has led me to a 95 GT. So here looks like as good a place as any to settle in. Being familiar with the platform, its still somehow alien. Especially since its a 5.0 and AOD. Now coming from other cars I have owned - this wont be the slowest but will be something fun either way. It CERTAINLY wont be the fastest I have owned either. Last ride thats getting swapped for this is a 03 Neon SRT4 with every mod short a larger turbo (slight exaggeration but you get the idea).

Goals here? Fix and drive. Will likely throw up a build thread soon.

It being a AOD car, it shifts fine - just dog slow. First round of mods - maintenance. Fluids, filters, plugs, timing, etc. Make it run right before I even imagine driving it through the american muscle site. Anyhow. Any suggestions? Things to look for?

So far as power mods.....IDK. Boost would be good. Gears a must.

Anyhow. Looking forward to the journey to take a running/driving car - make it better and DD it AS I am working on it.

Thanks for having me!

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Good,good. Be very careful with AM site, lots of junk and counterfit parts, They do not know any better, they are just internet salesman, no car smarts.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
^ i can't confirm that, but will say the folks here will guide you in the right direction. Any idea you have, no one here will trash talk you for it. Everyone real nice! Unlike bookface.....bookface folks suck!

Welcome along!

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! I've had a few Mustangs and always gravitate towards the 5.0L cars. My current daily is a 94 GT, pretty much bone stock except for the exhaust. I had a 05 SRT4 for years, fun little cars! Mine had a AGP wastegate, FMIC, hardpipes, Greddy BOV, solid motor mounts, and a few other odds and ends, I'll probably end up with another one of them before too long.

OP
OP
B

bonylad

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! I've had a few Mustangs and always gravitate towards the 5.0L cars. My current daily is a 94 GT, pretty much bone stock except for the exhaust. I had a 05 SRT4 for years, fun little cars! Mine had a AGP wastegate, FMIC, hardpipes, Greddy BOV, solid motor mounts, and a few other odds and ends, I'll probably end up with another one of them before too long.

Yesssir. Its really the funnest car I have had recently. I honestly dont know why I am trading it. I have in my mind a nicely lowered wide wheeled clean stockish 5.0 for a dd. No need to slap alot of crap on the car.

I had a AGP WGA, but went back on PCM boost. Didnt like it off PCM boost. Figured it was a good way to save the driveline. Bout 24 MPG out of a 8.9 gallon tank.....:( Fun car really. Just want to go to a muscle car.....though I am not sure a 95 GT 5.0 Auto is that........its alot closer.

Thanks all! Will post up tonight with a intro and some before pics.......anyone have a stock airbox?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome from another 5.0.

Thise lil srt4’s are quick lil cars. Mostly see chics with them around here. Lol

I had the manly dodge with a turbo, oh yeah, the one and only Daytona Shelby Z!!!! :)

I loved that car. Quick as hell and a blast to drive with the t-tops out. 2 doors and a damn good looking car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

bonylad

Reaction score
Welcome from another 5.0.

Thise lil srt4’s are quick lil cars. Mostly see chics with them around here. Lol

I had the manly dodge with a turbo, oh yeah, the one and only Daytona Shelby Z!!!! :)

I loved that car. Quick as hell and a blast to drive with the t-tops out. 2 doors and a damn good looking car.

Yep! Cant go wrong with a Turbo Dodge. Really niche vehicles. I die for a Omni GLH - GLHS outta the pic. Check this one out.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2018/01/shelby-tuned-motor-city-dodge-omni/

OMGZOR. So far as the SRT4. Probably get another one once things settle.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yep! Cant go wrong with a Turbo Dodge. Really niche vehicles. I die for a Omni GLH - GLHS outta the pic. Check this one out.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2018/01/shelby-tuned-motor-city-dodge-omni/

OMGZOR. So far as the SRT4. Probably get another one once things settle.

There was a guy up in Indianapolis that had a pretty beefed up Omni glh. It was wicked loud and wicked fast. He’s the reason I got into Daytona’s. Once I had mine I met a guy in eastern Kentucky who had a smorgasbord of parts in his garage due to all of his builds. Needless to say he and I did a lot of business and became good friends. Got to the point I’d drive several hours to his place and crash there for the weekend while he’d give me tons of stuff and we’d bolt it all in. He passed a few years later.

Those 2.2’s were some stout motors and for people who’ve never had the pleasure of toying with one have no idea just how fast they were.

My two uncles use to race a lot when o was younger. One had a brand new 87 mustang gt and the other had a new Shelby z Daytona in 88. The stang always won off the line but from about 60 on the Shelby would come around and leave him. Both were 5 spds and they’d switch up to see if it was drivers difference. The Z always won. I took both of them for rides almost 20 years later when I finished building mine. They loved it.

OP
OP
B

bonylad

Reaction score
There was a guy up in Indianapolis that had a pretty beefed up Omni glh. It was wicked loud and wicked fast. He’s the reason I got into Daytona’s. Once I had mine I met a guy in eastern Kentucky who had a smorgasbord of parts in his garage due to all of his builds. Needless to say he and I did a lot of business and became good friends. Got to the point I’d drive several hours to his place and crash there for the weekend while he’d give me tons of stuff and we’d bolt it all in. He passed a few years later.

Those 2.2’s were some stout motors and for people who’ve never had the pleasure of toying with one have no idea just how fast they were.

My two uncles use to race a lot when o was younger. One had a brand new 87 mustang gt and the other had a new Shelby z Daytona in 88. The stang always won off the line but from about 60 on the Shelby would come around and leave him. Both were 5 spds and they’d switch up to see if it was drivers difference. The Z always won. I took both of them for rides almost 20 years later when I finished building mine. They loved it.

Very nice story, thank you for sharing. I think we have all at some point knew somebody like that - drift away or lose them. Stang is still up in the air. IDK whats gonna happen. In this case I put the cart in front of the horse so to speak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.