Best clutch?

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
I think the spec stage 1 is oem.. stage 2 is next step.. But they are right. If you plan to just stay bolt on stay with a stage 1 or so.

I will be going with Exedy when I redo mine. That is for other reasons though, one of being that I deal with them on a personal basis every now and then and know their stuff.
If not, it will be spec/centerforce.

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
There is no "best clutch" it's all about suiting your needs. In my opinion any stage 1 clutch will be fine for your power level from a reputable company.

OP
OP
S

Slowbro96

Reaction score
alright sweet thanks for the imput and help ill let you guys know how the spec 1 clutch goes

OP
OP
S

Slowbro96

Reaction score
So clutch has been installed. This stage 1 spec clutch grabs like no other. i cant reverse with out burning the clutch. And now motor has developed some kinda of tapping noise around 2krpm =[

Caboose302

Reaction score
I'm assuming you replaced the TOB and is it is talked correctly? Mine needs replaced and it's making a noise under part throttle about 2-3k

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
So clutch has been installed. This stage 1 spec clutch grabs like no other. i cant reverse with out burning the clutch. And now motor has developed some kinda of tapping noise around 2krpm =[

Well shit the bed this may not be good

OP
OP
S

Slowbro96

Reaction score
It taps under light load like if im cruzing around at 2k sounds like a pen tapping?? going to change oil and put some lucas oil stabilizer to see what happends. Guy who put the clutch in said it could be a bearing?? he said he has heard that sound enough to know hes been threw 3 motors already in his 2v gt. hopfully the clutch gets better as i break it in.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was thinking something along the lines of a spun bearing . Hope all is ok and it's nothing serious .. I know all about engine failures

Caboose302

Reaction score
Are you sure it's coming out of the engine? Or does it sound like the "back" of the engine/transmission tunnel? I'm having the same sound with mine and it's definitely from the input shift or the TOB. You can't hear it from the front of the car.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Slowbro96

Reaction score
sounds like its comeing from the back of the motor.. sounds like its the passenger side....

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
sounds like its comeing from the back of the motor.. sounds like its the passenger side....
I suggest using an auto stethoscope to determine before you start spending any sort of money. Less than 20 bucks to know precisely where its coming from.

NicksGTR

Reaction score
Just did my clutch and I went with a exedy Mach 400 stage 2, so far so good and the pedal feel is great. I agree with Ferocious, Ford oem TOB, pilot bearing and rear main seal
^^^+1

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
unfortunately, this is like asking if you think chocolate or vanilla ice cream is better. however, I can say, from my own experience, with a street driven, daily driven sn95, an upgrade to an 11" flywheel and then using the OEM 03-04 Cobra clutch is a great choice. as stated earlier in here, only use a OEM TOB, nothing else. you can pick up used flywheels fairly cheap and have it turned. then put in the terminator clutch. plenty of holding power for an N/A sn95. won;t break the bank either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online