best wax to use....

MustangMan1619

Reaction score
ive got a 95 gt, that is about to have a couple body parts repainted. While those are in the paint booth, i am going to treat the rest of the car to a good cleaning and buffing. My question is what kind of wax would you guys recommend? I've used Meguiers Gold glass, and thats pretty shinny stuff, but has anyone tried the new "ICE" polish?, it comes in a transparent blue bottle, and I've only heard of about one guy whos used it and he seemed to like it, i didnt know what everyone else was using. thanks

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That ICE is garbage.

If you want to get somthing from your local auto store you cant beat meguires products, Gold Class are deffently nice, some people tend to love the NXT by meguires.

But if your willing to buy online check out Clearkote or Pooyboys people love these and IMO they are better then any 'off the shelf' product.

Try www.autogeek.net for more info plus they sell the products I just described.

wytstang

Reaction score
Also Mothers FX line is really good Pepboys usually carry Mothers FX line. Also like Matt said Megs is pretty good but I would only use there detailer line (beige color bottles) that Napa carries and can get you. I personally use Poorboys World as there products have pretty much killed everything I've used before, along with Clearkote is the other product line I use the most.

MoonlightGT

Reaction score
Mothers carnuba paste wax! it is the best- better than mequires gold class which i used to use all the time. But make sure u get the mothers PASTE wax in the red tin, not the liquid stuff. the paste works better for some eason.

G

GREG@SN95

carveyheader.jpg

TURTLE! TURTLE!

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
Mothers FX Synthetic is great for durability. Caranubas looks good but don't last for shit. Mothers is makes good stuff and is readily available at local places. If you don't mind ordering online look into Clearkote and Poorboys.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've been really happy with the Poorboys line.
It's better then Meguires and everything at Pep Boys, I've 'bout tried them all.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
You may want to try natty's blue paste wax. It is supposed to be very good and it is fairly cheap too. I havent tried it yet it but i will next spring most likely. I currently use p21s ($25)wax and it looks great, the s100 is supposed to be the same stuff and it is cheaper ($15), then there is pinnacle souveran which is supposed to look the best but it is about $80 for a thing of it.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Natty's goes on so easy, and looks great. Even better when you hit it with the ultra fine polish/sealer.
You'll like it 8)

wytstang

Reaction score
I like Nattys as well very good bang for the buck, also recently I tried Wolfgang Deep gloss sealant and I was very happy with the canuaba look it gave. Most sealant don't have that depth and warmth that carnuaba gives but this stuff came really close. Heres a pic of Wolfgang on the rear quarter (looks just like the wax on the door)
DSC00972-1.jpg

Juztang

Reaction score
My go to waxes are Poorboys Natty's and ClearKote Carnuba wax. My go to sealants are Poorboys EX-P and Optimum Poli Seal.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
if the weather ever warms up i am going to use klasse aio,sg and then top it with p21s. Ill be sure to post pics. Its not likely to happen anytime soon as it is pry about barely in the double digits temp wise :mad:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Scott 96Cobra(rip) said:
I suggest staying away from "WAX" and going with synthetic polish ....

My choice is Zaino ......

i think you mean sealant.

Scott 96Cobra(rip)

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
Scott 96Cobra(rip) said:
I suggest staying away from "WAX" and going with synthetic polish ....

My choice is Zaino ......

i think you mean sealant.

Yes, technically correct - but for most people, they understand "polish" .... and MOST sealant products are referred to (incorrectly) as Polish ...... Like Zaino for example.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Staff online

Members online