Best Wax?

sick_stang302

Reaction score
ive tried a few different kinds, but i found some old wax from 1976, and its the best i have ever used. lol, too bad i used it all.
but anyways, coming from personal experience, what is your favorite
just trying to get some ideas, keep in mind my car opal

J

joelbegt

My car is opal and i just bought a bunch of stuff from obsessive detail recently. i used obsessive details light polish and wet wax, and i was very happy with the outcome. its definently the best the paint has ever looked since i bought the car. i think they may be out of stock right now but you could always call and probably preorder.

OP
OP
S

sick_stang302

Reaction score
joelbegt said:
My car is opal and i just bought a bunch of stuff from obsessive detail recently. i used obsessive details light polish and wet wax, and i was very happy with the outcome. its definently the best the paint has ever looked since i bought the car. i think they may be out of stock right now but you could always call and probably preorder.
alright, thatnks, ill try that being its coming from an opal owner

J

joelbegt

i suggest that you clay bar if you havent done that in a while. i noticed a big difference in a couple areas just from claybaring. i suggest you set aside an afternoon and wash it very good, claybar it, polish it, and then wax it. once you do all that you should have that shiny reflective look. just take your time and do it right and you should get the results your looking for. i havent had much experience with anything else besides his wax because theres no need for me to switch something that im happy with.

wytstang

Reaction score
wolfgang deep gloss sealant works great on light colors.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I have had very good results using Meguiars NXT Tech Wax...very easy to apply & no residue/dust when you polish it. The paint on my 14 year old GT has been mistaken many times for new....I wonder if all the hype & elbow grease needed to claybar & Zaino my car would make it much better?

HuskerGT

Reaction score
^^^
X2.

I love the meguire's NXT Tech wax on my 14 year old black paint. Very easy on and off. I always follow it with a coat of Meguire's yellow carnuba wax for the finish coat. I also use a random orbit buffer to really bring out the shine.

Shiney:
100_2303.jpg

100_2299.jpg

Obsessive Detail

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Mustanger said:
I have had very good results using Meguiars NXT Tech Wax...very easy to apply & no residue/dust when you polish it. The paint on my 14 year old GT has been mistaken many times for new....I wonder if all the hype & elbow grease needed to claybar & Zaino my car would make it much better?

I'm not really a Zaino fan at all. I used Zaino quite a bit in the past, it has good durability but I don't like the look it gives. I really prefer to use a good polish, glaze and then top with a carnuaba. I've been using Optimum Opti Seal a lot lately, I've been putting this over my nuba, this gives an even better look plus great durability.

wytstang

Reaction score
It's not so much wax wax or sealant you use, it's all about the prep work. As long as the paint is well prepped (swirls/micromarring) is removed a $10 wax can look as good as a $500 tub of wax. Prep>product
IMG_0132Medium.jpg

IMG_0138Medium.jpg

Orange97GTVert

Reaction score
Mustanger said:

Yes!! Claybar is easy, no matter what anyone says, just takes time. Zaino is by far the best product I have ever come across. I can go to a car show and pick out the Zaino cars, they look wet the shine is so deep. I have used it for 8 years on my 97, the paint is all original (except the driver door dammit) and I still win shows, have over 25 trophies.

PNYPWRD

Reaction score
Meguiars NXT Tech Wax is defintely the bang for the buck.

I agree, the prep makes all the difference.

94IVGT

Reaction score
Wizards wax is the best wax i have used. its about $15 per bottle + microfiber towels(not the cheap ones for parts stores). definately worth the cash. its used by most of the detail shops and body shops here as well.

topless95

Reaction score
Super Glaze from the Wax Shoppe! The only problem is that it is very hard to find

Mustang68

Reaction score
Mmmm a good personal opinion thread at best.. everyone has their own opinion on what works better than the others...

personally i use 2 waxes on my stang.. one restores the paint sealant thats on my car.. (if something gets on my paint and i cant get it off i can just take it in.. if they cant get it off there theyll repaint it free to me..) which i get that stuff free from the dealership.. sad thing is it doesnt always leave the best shine to me IMO to make me happy.. so i usually throw a layer of NXT on top of it to get the shine i want..

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
HuskerGT said:
^^^
X2.

I love the meguire's NXT Tech wax on my 14 year old black paint. Very easy on and off. I always follow it with a coat of Meguire's yellow carnuba wax for the finish coat. I also use a random orbit buffer to really bring out the shine.

Shiney:
100_2303.jpg

100_2299.jpg

Husker, your car looks SWEEEEET!! :boink:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
+1 to what Whitestang said, it's more about the prep, and a good quality product.
I've been happy with Poorboys line, and the optimum line, and am reciently trying Obsessive's line, and am happy with it so far!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.