Best Wax?

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
+1 to what Whitestang said, it's more about the prep, and a good quality product.
I've been happy with Poorboys line, and the optimum line, and am reciently trying Obsessive's line, and am happy with it so far!!

noob question but it's a good wash and polish are the "prep stages" then the wax?
or am i wrong?

riored96gt

Reaction score
My shoulders are too old to be clay bar-ing all the time!

Anybody know if there's something like the old "Slipstream" we used to use?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
claybar is ez, and you shouldn't have to do it maybe once a year or two if you keep your paint sealed up with a good wax.

An orbital is nice on the shoulders, you have one?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Its not that hard....hell, meguairs even makes a 3 step process they sell.

Paint cleaner, polish, wax.

I like to clay, swirl/scratch remover, polish, then wax.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_1811.jpg

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
i just spent 7 hours doing my car. washed it twice, then used a turtle wax color magic for black cars and finished it up with a mother's caranuba wax. I just clayed like 6 months ago.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:

Im using that glans wax and the green polish bottle.

The glanz wax smells amazing but honestly I havent had time to actually do my entire car and have a nice day to see if there was any improvement.

Although I did a spot on my friends car and it looks like 2 shades darker brand new clear coat compared to the rest of his car

His paint is beat

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:

The glanz wax smells amazing but honestly I havent had time to actually do my entire car and have a nice day to see if there was any improvement.

Although I did a spot on my friends car and it looks like 2 shades darker brand new clear coat compared to the rest of his car

His paint is beat

Yeah the Green Paint Polish ROCKS!!! Takes all the little scratches and swirls out. The Red Bottle makes it POP hard.

If your buddies paint is beat you might want to try the "EXTRA paint Cleaner"

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
justinschmidt1 said:

His paint is beat

Yeah the Green Paint Polish ROCKS!!! Takes all the little scratches and swirls out. The Red Bottle makes it POP hard.

If your buddies paint is beat you might want to try the "EXTRA paint Cleaner"

I did a heavy swirl/scratch, then the polish,finishing glaze, then the glanz wax....looked like new

SO your saying I should look into that metallic polish wax to make my car pop?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
SO your saying I should look into that metallic polish wax to make my car pop?

I called up 1Z USA (Which is in So Cal Close to my House) and they said that to get great results you can use the Metallic polish wax on cars before you top it with Glans Wax.

It made my car look Fake kinda like the wolfgang.... When i say "Fake" i mean so real it looks like a toy car :coolsmiley:

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't really have a "favorite". The most recent wax I bought was Turtle Wax Ice. I really like the shine it gives along with an orbital buffer. It seems to last quite a bit longer than I expected as well.

This pic is from about 2 weeks ago. The last time I waxed it with the Ice was last fall:

PICT2582.jpg

This is a day after applying:

Mustangs123.jpg

Mustang68

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
Turtle Wax Ice=WORST EVER!!!

ive never tried it but have heard its not as easy on and easy off as they want to claim it is from many different people..

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
there's a lot of them that say easy on, easy off, but depth, gloss and duribilty are where it's at if your going to take the time.

I've stated my favorites.
trust me guys, the stuff you buy at parts stores is not nearly as good as the stuff from the "detailer" sources. :p

(not hammering your post Aaron, I've just tried a lot of different products.)

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
there's a lot of them that say easy on, easy off, but depth, gloss and duribilty are where it's at if your going to take the time.

I've stated my favorites.
trust me guys, the stuff you buy at parts stores is not nearly as good as the stuff from the "detailer" sources. :p

(not hammering your post Aaron, I've just tried a lot of different products.)

No problem at all Jeff. I totally agree with you. I didn't mean to make it seem like the Ice wax is the best or is my favorite or anything. That's just the most recent stuff I bought. I wanted to give it shot. It's not bad. It does come pretty easily, no white residue either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.