Black cars only!

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
My 95 is black, and like any black car. You fight swirls, scratches, oxidation etc.. I've buffed it a lot, and Saturday I used a high end cutting cream. That swirled up the whole car, than went to Griots Garage #1 Polish to remove some swirls, it made the paint clearer but didn't do much for the swirls. Than I went to Griots Garage #3 polish, and it removed a lot of swirls. But there's still swirls, holograms and light scratches that won't come out.. I need new products. What do you guys use on your black stangs? I want something that'll take the swirls out, light scratches, a nice glaze, a good polish & wax. Help a brotha out

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
My dad used to use Car Brite products back in the 80s and 90s, said its the best stuff to buy. Might want to try them out, since he's used it before. Pretty expensive but I'm going to try them out.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have medium swirls and hazing on mine and use meguiar's ultimate compound and polish. If you really want something to cut deep into the paint, look into meguiar's ultra-cut compound. Also, you didn't mention anything about clay-baring the car. If you're using a da polisher on the car without prior removal of dust/dirt/debris, you are pretty much making the situation worse by spreading all off those on the paint. Make sure everything is crystal clear and butter smooth before you go applying any time of polish or compound to the vehicle. As far as wax goes, I still have my obsessive detail wax (http://www.obsessivedetail.com/Deep-Reflections-Wax.html) which I absolutely love. And it smells bomb.

slow90coupe

Reaction score
My process has always been clay, M105 with an orange cutting pad, M205 with yellow slight cutting pad, then I wash the car as it will be COVERED in polishing dust, some kind of scratch/swirl remover (doesn't really matter, Chemical Guys stuff is good for this) on a green pad, then Chemical Guys Blacklight, followed by Chemical Guys Jetseal. It removed 95% of imperfections such as swirls in my 134,000 mile, tired black paint.

Sinned83

Reaction score
It's about pad selection. Maybe use m205 with an yellow pad (I use hex logic pads) glaze with a white pad. Then apply a carnauba my faviorate wax on black is CG 50/50 I also have Meg's #16 wet obsession to name a few

BlackStallion

Reaction score
I know there are better detailing folks on here than I, but when my paint was in better shape I used 3M Extra cut compound if I hadnt paid attention to it in a while, (Fine cut if I had kept up on it more recently), washed the car, then 3M Foam Pad Polishing glaze with the grey eggcrate pad, washed it again, then used 3M Ultrafina and the blue pad. Washed the car again, and followed it with Mequire's (sp?) NXT paste wax (I hate liquid wax for some reason) Freakin shiney and no swirls!! But since she just sits outside getting sunburnt, and collects evil pine needles, bird shit, and tree sap, I've lost the battle of the pretty black car. Oh well.

It would take me like 18-20 hours to do a full detail but it was worth it in the end lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995