black paint for radio bezel...whats the best match?

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
anyone painted their plastic interior panels? i have an all black interior and plan to paint my radio bezel and door switch panels black. just not sure of a good shade or brand that matches good. pics of your painted black plastic panels and what paint ya used would be awesome :)

i want it to look factory. so a satin type finish rather than glossy or completely matte black.

joekd

Reaction score
Satin finish rustoleum? I know that's what I used to repaint my rear lower valance and it looks great

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
sem makes interior paint to match manufacter colors......no reason to use anything else..matches perfectly

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
aw, cool. summit racing has it. thanks whipy...you da man :)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
for black on plastic I recomend krylon fusion black. I used it on all the pieces I painted and you would have to look good and hard to tell that it doesn't match.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
yea i used that before scott. to me it was darker than the dash and rest of the black. but def still looked good. i think i still have some satin krylon somewhere. might give it a shot first.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea sem is a perfect patch. That's what I did for my fox being that they didn't have black interior in 89

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Tony how far are you from Summit? It's only about an hour drive from me. But then again your probably gonna order it online no? If you've never gone there, GO. You can find some cool shit in the scratch and dent section sometimes

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
couple hours joey. yea killin i've been to summit racing several times. went to some shows there, bought a cowl hood from there and some other shit. great place though hell yea!

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Nice man! Yeah I've been there as often as twice in one day. It's funny you can spend hundreds of dollars in store but get no stickers. But spend $8 online and man they send you a whole sheet!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag