Blkout's GT build

BlkoutGT

Reaction score
Well guys, Ive decided to start my own build up mostly because im bored right now. And this could take along time, so I figure I would start now.

My car: 95 GT
Upgrades:
-Cold air kit
-Underdrive pullies
-70mm throttle body
-GT40 upper
-GT40 lower
-GT40X heads
-Mac shorty Headers (ceramic coated)
-Fluidyne radiator

What happened:
After I did the heads and intake swap I believe I lifted a head gasket, which also caused one of the spark plugs to seize into the passenger side head. This all happened around november, so I put it away for the winter with plans to fix it up too. At the begining of the year I lost my job so money to fix it up isnt there anymore.

Plans:
So Im going to pull the whole motor and freshen it up. It just so happens I have a 87 fox body motor in my garage from a failed previous project. I plan on putting that rotating assembly in my car once I get the blocked cleaned and the head fixed. Also I plan on cleaning up my engine bay while im in there. For everyone that doesnt live in michigan be glad you dont! the two months I had to drive my car in the winter when I first got it has made alot of stuff rust all to hell! So a clean up is a must... The pics I have so far is my progress of what Ive gotten done, with more pics to come with more progress...

[attachment deleted by admin]

OP
OP
BlkoutGT

BlkoutGT

Reaction score
UPpics052.jpg

Carbuildup006.jpg

Carbuildup010.jpg

Carbuildup013.jpg

Carbuildup037.jpg
otobucket.com/albums/ss309/BlkoutGT/Carbuildup032.jpg[/IMG]
Carbuildup035.jpg

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah more pics are needed looks like you have some work cut out for you. Good luck on your Journey

OP
OP
BlkoutGT

BlkoutGT

Reaction score
Thanks man! Im at the point now that I need a cherry picker to pluck the engine out. Then the real cleaning can begin. Im gonna take lots of pics, and hopefully it will encourage some others into doing work like this on their own. Since my garage is basic like most of everyones with not air tools/lift or fancy tools like that.

OP
OP
BlkoutGT

BlkoutGT

Reaction score
Having to take out the engine actually brought all the rust to my attention, so thats kind of the silver lining, otherwise i probably would have driven it until the front end broke apart.

Also I should be getting a cherry picker this week so more progress to come shortly.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
If you were in Ga i would say you could borrow mine. If you were close to Alpharetta that is.

OP
OP
BlkoutGT

BlkoutGT

Reaction score
Thanks. The guy im borrowing it from is my dads buddy. He is useing it to complete one of his trans ams. So as soon as he is done its no problem. Not to long ago he sold his 68 camaro. It was some special one (ZR1 I think was the number, i could be wrong though), he put the all alluminum motor in it. I saw pics of it, you could eat of any part of the car..lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online