Boost on high mileage car....

wildman97

Reaction score
My 91 Notch was stock exept an o/r h-pipe with 144,xxx or so miles. I installed a little a-trim on it pushing 10#'s for a year or so with no problems at all. Took the blower off and sold the car, but it was running great when i sold it.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Should be fine. As long as it's assembled correctly, and tuned correctly, no worries. If it's going to let go, it would be due more to boost and thus HP, and that would happen regardless of how new or old the motor is. I've got a car that's been turbo'd all it's life sitting at around 160K and ~22psi. It's super duper. And FI won't kill a motor, ever, if done properly.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses guys I managed to sway him slightly in my favor with some showing of these posts. You guys are awesome. I plan on going to our local speed shop that I bought my turbo from because they do turbo builds almost daily. And lots of mustangs too. That's where Turbo2vGT's car was tuned. I'll be sure to get it it compression tested before I slap it on down the road

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses guys I managed to sway him slightly in my favor with some showing of these posts. You guys are awesome. I plan on going to our local speed shop that I bought my turbo from because they do turbo builds almost daily. And lots of mustangs too. That's where Turbo2vGT's car was tuned. I'll be sure to get it it compression tested before I slap it on down the road

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

yea man I had my guy run the compression test... he told me everything ran back beautifully.. and thus the project began the next day lol... im sure your pops will come around more and more as your getting closer to being done with it... your gonna love it

Addermk2

Reaction score
Both of my engines are 150k plus.
161k on my subie, and its making 311 on 21psi... Shits still holding strong!

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
yea man I had my guy run the compression test... he told me everything ran back beautifully.. and thus the project began the next day lol... im sure your pops will come around more and more as your getting closer to being done with it... your gonna love it

Right on man I think he'll start to play along too. Just as soon as it starts coming together. I'm sure that it will hold up it's a strong little 4.6.. I just brought it back home today for the first time since November and of course I got on it on the way home. Burned through first and second and started to grip in 3rd lol. It was 24 degrees out tho. I let it warm up for about 15min while I stuffed the camaro away in it's place. So the motor was warm but tires were iceee. I definitely can't wait man. I'm too used to 250whp hahaha

Both of my engines are 150k plus.
161k on my subie, and its making 311 on 21psi... Shits still holding strong!

Subie's are strong as hell man. Another great vouch for high mileage boost!

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Right on man I think he'll start to play along too. Just as soon as it starts coming together. I'm sure that it will hold up it's a strong little 4.6.. I just brought it back home today for the first time since November and of course I got on it on the way home. Burned through first and second and started to grip in 3rd lol. It was 24 degrees out tho. I let it warm up for about 15min while I stuffed the camaro away in it's place. So the motor was warm but tires were iceee. I definitely can't wait man. I'm too used to 250whp hahaha

haha yea I use to love dropping clutch and not grip until 3rd.. always fun.. and that was with like 200rwhp haha... now with the turbo and my shitty ass street tires I have on... if I drop the clutch... shit I wont see traction until I left off hahhaa.. I need different rims and some Nitto tires... too bad you live in ohio man, gonna have to take a roadtrip or something haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Staff online

Members online