Brake Upgrade using S197 GT calipers & GT500 14" rotors (Available Now)

heavyfoot

Reaction score
Well this bites. I just bought my baby 17" wheels so these won't fit!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
should be interesting. big brakes are a great upgrade IMO. just so expensive from off-shelf sources.

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like a revolution brake setup.

yhst-44391461728451_2251_81449005

http://store.revolutionbrake.com/14-0114.html

I have their 13" Wilwood setup on #71. Mine is a great kit, and any individual part can be had if you break something. That's what sold me.

What we're doing is a pretty similar concept, difference is that you source your own calipers and rotors, keeps cost very reasonable (especially if you get a lucky find) I like that rev brake keeps everything simple and reasonable price.

Sent from Tapatalk for iPhone

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Why does that say 'cobra only'?
Is that because you have to grind the spindle on a GT or?

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

there is no difference in cobra and GT spindles.

The only difference is 94/95 are different then 96-04. That being said cobra brakes though from any year 94-04 will bolt up to 94/95 spindles.

should be interesting. big brakes are a great upgrade IMO. just so expensive from off-shelf sources.

Amazing upgrade

What we're doing is a pretty similar concept, difference is that you source your own calipers and rotors, keeps cost very reasonable (especially if you get a lucky find) I like that rev brake keeps everything simple and reasonable price.

yeah I think my idea I have now is great. Hopefully it can be revealed soon.

RichV

Reaction score
Why does that say 'cobra only'?
Is that because you have to grind the spindle on a GT or?

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

What Win said. My spindles are GT, it will work just fine, even 17" wheels are good. There is some grinding that needed done on the spindle, these are made for a Cobra setup, ie. you should have the Cobra rears as well as Cobra MC. I did the Cobra rears, but kept the GT MC. No bueno, going 10/10ths into a turn you'll hit threshold braking and not even realize it till you're sideways. The Cobra MC brought that back to normal.

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Any update on the brackets?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I'm going to make a functional prototype pair and then send to Josef for testing once his car is on the road again. Sadly I can't do the testing because my wheels are 17s. Once we're tested and proven the rest will be made.

As for your splitter kit, still waiting on the damn powdercoater :deeplist:

wmfateam

Reaction score
I'm going to make a functional prototype pair and then send to Josef for testing once his car is on the road again. Sadly I can't do the testing because my wheels are 17s. Once we're tested and proven the rest will be made.

Cool cool. As mentioned before, if you need someone to test the if the brackets work for the GT500 Brembos, I am your man. Mine have been sitting patiently.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score

About that, I do believe BTM Autosport will help us function test the kit!

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Cool cool. As mentioned before, if you need someone to test the if the brackets work for the GT500 Brembos, I am your man. Mine have been sitting patiently.

This is being discussed :chewie:

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score

I think it will be an entirely different bracket for the gt500 brembos since they're originally designed for a 14" rotor; the standard calipers I believe are designed for 13" (or something close). Will look into it

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I need to just start stock-piling parts for the 95 at this rate. There's a lot of sweets things like this being made that I am going to want on it whenever it comes back to life.

wmfateam

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, which I could be or this might not even be relevant, but ford racing as gt500 Brembo kit that is a direct bolt on, minus dust shield, for the first Gen S197. So in theory, the bracket should work for both on a 14 inch rotor.

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, which I could be or this might not even be relevant, but ford racing as gt500 Brembo kit that is a direct bolt on, minus dust shield, for the first Gen S197. So in theory, the bracket should work for both on a 14 inch rotor.

That's what I'm saying, since it's a direct bolt on the brembos would want to accommodate a 15" rotor if the same bracket was used. So it would have to be a different bracket

Win

Legend
Reaction score

That's what I'm saying, since it's a direct bolt on the brembos would want to accommodate a 15" rotor if the same bracket was used. So it would have to be a different bracket

No no pete this is what he is meaning

http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info.php?cPath=141_142_280&products_id=598

the Brembo gt500 option are the same calipers to my understanding at least up to 2013.

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Here it is. [MENTION=10532]MadStang[/MENTION] has volunteered to be our test driver, once we test and make sure everything is solid we can make the brackets available.

14179976785_23495aa375_z.jpg

14176671891_2da36a0d01_z.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Staff online

Members online