Brake Upgrade using S197 GT calipers & GT500 14" rotors (Available Now)

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Everything has been sent to Brett ( [MENTION=10532]MadStang[/MENTION] ) for testing. Here's what one side worth of hardware includes:

14129370130_582497659d_z.jpg

MadStang

Reaction score
Lol. Working on it gents. Finishing up the rear axle install and set-up then will be doing my k-member/brake install right after. Won't be much longer now! :)

MadStang

Reaction score

Now that the rear axle has been squared in the chassis, install will be going on tonight.

Also my brembo 4-pots and 15" rotors arrived. So after I'm done testing the working mans kit, I'll be upping my game to the beast mode kit

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Yesterday was a fun day, finally got to see this come to fruition! Brett ( [MENTION=10532]MadStang[/MENTION] ) got the brakes installed and went out and tested them.

Here's what he texted me after he came back from a test drive:

holy donkey f*ck this thing can stop

engaged abs on the Hoosiers like it was nothing.

Driving it to work tomorrow. I'm in love with the brakes!

Once he got over the initial excitement he sent this:

So first impressions: Once the pads bedded, the brakes became remarkably touchy and responsive, much more than the cobras ever were. When heated by multiple pedal to the floor stops, no brake fade was experienced and abs engaged almost immediately and the car stopped harder (sent me forward even in the harnesses) than it ever did before. Pad wear seems to be spot on, on the rotor. There caliper alignment is still as it should be, no dragging brakes, only problem was the dust shield touch the rotor which technically has become useless since the rotor is larger than the shield.

All in all, these brakes have my respect performance-wise. Upgrading to these would and should be the end all be all upgrade for all fox/sn95's both street and track.

14444923566_c6cd26ce27_c.jpg

14444925316_9ae94f4724_c.jpg

Preorders will open soon!

wmfateam

Reaction score
Did you have someone testing GT500 Brembo fitment as well?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

wmfateam

Reaction score
If it gets tested and shipped by October, I will be a happy NASA Mustang

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

chris91

Reaction score
Any mods need done to the factory brake lines or will they bolt right up to the s197 calipers?

MadStang

Reaction score
Any mods need done to the factory brake lines or will they bolt right up to the s197 calipers?

I run MM Cobra stainless lines, which id highly recommend upgrading to as they are a direct fit for the s197 caliper

RichV

Reaction score
Brett, what's your rear setup? And are you running the Ford Racing ABS calibration? What pads did you use with these calipers?

Good to hear the positive results.

MadStang

Reaction score
Brett, what's your rear setup? And are you running the Ford Racing ABS calibration? What pads did you use with these calipers?

Good to hear the positive results.

Stock GT rears. Never heard of the abs calibration, just the stock ABS. Running Porterfield R4-S pads.

Why am I running stock rears and street pads? because that's what I had on the car with my previous brake setup. I wanted the only change to be the new calipers and rotors. This setup would benefit from a cobra rear brake setup as the ABS does engage only the fronts and not the rears.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
hmmm...

Whats the retail on these bad boys?
Direct replacement for the sixer brakes?

MadStang

Reaction score
hmmm...

Whats the retail on these bad boys?
Direct replacement for the sixer brakes?

www.fullytorquedracing.com

I'm going to say yes except for the brake lines. Personally I believe the MM Cobra stainless lines are a requirement as I don't think the factory brake lines are long enough, nor do I think the thread pitch on the banjo bolt is correct

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online