Brian's 1995 Crystal White SVT Cobra

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Update 5/26/2014

So as most of you know I took a long break from the forum scene. I was butting heads with too many people for it to be enjoyable posting. I'm not saying I'm returning to being active and for those who I don't get along with I'm not here to get a rise or cause any trouble/drama. I'm just popping in to give an update to this dusty old thread because I have had a few people asking.

A few of you already know but I have been slowly sourcing parts for my next project and I'd like to share with the rest of you what I'm doing. I was lurking around Corral recently and came across a deal that I couldn't pass up and after talking to the seller for a few days we agreed on a price.

Pictures:
15sg9.jpg

yneqo.jpg

cn6zf.jpg

qd4i.jpg

az3x.jpg

ygumi.jpg

6s1d.jpg

Details:
- Turbonetics 64mm turbo
- Turbonetics Deltagate wastegate
- Large Spearco front mount intercooler
- Ceramic coated headers
- Ceramic coated stainless hot side piping (including downpipe, and y-pipe to mufflers)
- Coated cold side piping
- All brackets, v-bands, clamps, hardware, radiator piping, etc.
- All piping built by Diamond Racecar Fabrications in Detroit
- Designed to work with factory K-member, AC, & etc.

I still have a list of items I need to purchase before I am ready for any installations. The process of sourcing the parts is going to take a while because I am in the middle of remodeling my house so that takes priority. I just couldn't pass up this deal. I will try to provide updates when things change.

Thank you to everyone who is lending me a hand on getting this moving in the right direction. Your help is greatly appreciated.

-Brian

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Sigh... Your car gets even better lol. How much hp/tq do u think you are going to be making now?

Haha, thank you. I'm going to have it tuned in the mid to low 400s. The kit came off of another '95 Cobra with a mild 347 that made 647 at 12#s. Since I'm staying with my factory longblock, for now, I want to make sure everything lasts.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
take it easy to get it installed and all, then build a nice forged motor on the side :)

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
take it easy to get it installed and all, then build a nice forged motor on the side :)

Hopefully that's the plan. Enjoy the turbo setup for a while. After the house remodeling is done we are rebuilding our savings so we can sell and move into another house that will have a two car garage. Then motor time! :)

I have a list of ideas for the car that I'd like to become a reality but I won't even purchase some of the items unless I have a garage to keep the car in. No point in having crazy expensive wheels on a car that sits outside lol.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
The best way to be!

I have been really considering, later in life when I can afford it, to ditch to solid axle for an IRS complimented with a RideTech air ride setup. Basically very similar to Dan's setup. When the time comes I hope to buy an IRS so I can build it then have it installed. I know I've been back and forth in this thread about the IRS swap. Honestly I didn't pull the trigger on the straight up trade because I was nervous and because the seller was shady.

Aside from that of course big money brakes, big money wheels, built motor, paint, and finish the sound system are all on the list. I've always said I want something with high standards like Dan, Opal, SINIS, etc so that's what I'm going to keep as a focus.

It's going to take me a really long time since I have other things that will take priority over the car so if updates are slow, that's why.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Well I figure I'll post the list of items/tasks that I've come up with so far that I want to get/do before starting any installations:

60lb injectors
Aeromotive 340lb fuel pump
Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
BBK fuel pressure gauge
TurboXS manual boost controller
Turbonetics 7lb wastegate spring
PAS MAF & weld flange
Tial / knock off 50mm BOV & weld flange
Gauges (open to suggestion)
Fuel filter
One step colder spark plugs (103s)
Change oil & filter
Team Z bump steer kit
Stifflers FIT Subframe kit
Stifflers Crossmember brace
SS fuel & oil lines with AN fittings
PTP turbo blanket
Coating the compressor housing and intercooler in silver

Any positive suggestions are greatly welcomed. I'm still thinking and will update as I come up with items.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know as much about turbo setups so I don't want to puke out a bunch of things you don't need :)

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Turbo kit arrived yesterday. Been really busy today but had a chance to take a quick look at a few of the boxes. It looks good so far. Better pictures will come later.

5ejuzyza.jpg

zy6eva9e.jpg

yzetetu9.jpg

edetyre7.jpg

We are almost ready to paint my parts room. Once it's finished I'll open the boxes up and take some better shots.

7umybyse.jpg

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
y6e8a4aq.jpg

avusesa7.jpg

Had a little time to open up some more boxed to check the items. All the piping looks great, intercooler is a lot bigger than I was expecting, and everything looks good.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
aha!!! found the thread. thanx for directing me from the SVT site. gotta lot of reading to do!!!

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
aha!!! found the thread. thanx for directing me from the SVT site. gotta lot of reading to do!!!
Haha, no problem. I actually provided a link to the build thread on the other forum but you can follow it here too. :D

That kit looks killer man! Really excited to see how this build progresses.
Thanks Greg!! Glad to see you're still around. Hopefully it won't go stale with me not able to buy parts for a while.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Small update.

I had an appointment today at my buddies shop, All Aspects Motorsports. He was able to get my exhaust rattle fixed. He ended up taking the side with the issue apart, fitting it to where it had clearance, and welded it at the muffler where it apparently was having issues sliding. All in all I'm very happy because the rattle is completely gone. Plus he got everything done and back to me within a few hours.

Of course since I no longer hear that anymore I can hear a few other noises coming from the front end that I'll have to investigate into but I'm not overly worried about that right now.

We did talk about the turbo setup and he's very excited to move forward on it and get it tuned. He gave a thumbs up to my list and says there's probably going to be little misc things along the way but otherwise I'm on the right path.

Lastly, I was contacted by another local photographer who wants to shoot my car so now that the exhaust is done I'm going to setup a date to get that done.

That's all I have for now. Thanks for looking.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
thanks for the referral on SnakeBit -- means a lot, brotha.

as for the kit, is there anything else youre on the hunt for?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online