Bryan's 96 GT Vortech Build

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice upgrade on the T trim it’s really going to make some steam now .

OP
OP
BMAC96GT

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Nice upgrade on the T trim it’s really going to make some steam now .

Thanks man! It should be the perfect match for my car and a perfect street blower. It's the one I've wanted from the start.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Great updates! Question on your ignition setup. Are you using the COP conversion harness? I had the same spark blowout issue at high RPM with my COP conversion. Swapping back to the Coil pack fixed it for me. Engine bay looks fantastic. Makes me miss my sn all the more.

OP
OP
BMAC96GT

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Great updates! Question on your ignition setup. Are you using the COP conversion harness? I had the same spark blowout issue at high RPM with my COP conversion. Swapping back to the Coil pack fixed it for me. Engine bay looks fantastic. Makes me miss my sn all the more.

No I kept waste spark ignition for that reason. I'm fairly certain a bad alternator was causing that issue with either ignition or injector issues. A new KMJ 200A alternator and upgraded wiring has seems to have fixed the issue. We'll see next time it goes on the dyno which will be within the next few months. I also was having issues with my Aeroforce gauge acting funny which all cleared up after the alternator swap.

OP
OP
BMAC96GT

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Here is one of the pulls where you can see something going on around 6300-6400 rpm. After 6300rpm I picked up another 700-800rpm and around 3psi of boost but really no power. My intake and cams should make power to 7500rpm. It was hard to tell by the seat of the pants but the dyno graph shows that something was going on. I'll be curious to see how it goes this go round. Hopefully it clears it up.
IMG_0129.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online