Building a project car in college

Adam Gustafson

Reaction score
Hello! I want to start a project car this summer after my Freshman year of college, Let's hear your ideas for cool and interesting project ideas. I personally want to build an Sn95 new edge drift car, I feel like starting the project would be fairly easy, Heavy duty clutch pack, coilovers, some steering angle and a hydro hand break would be a solid start. Later adding some seats roll cage and striping the interior.

delling3

Reaction score
If you are college age, you are no doubt well aware of youtube. If you haven't run across already, search Chrisfix. He built a 96 GT into a drift car, and has documented a lot of it in his videos.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
how do people build project cars while in college? I was doing everything I could from ramen at work to the cheapest/worst beer I could find to keep gas in my car.

OP
OP
Adam Gustafson

Adam Gustafson

Reaction score
how do people build project cars while in college? I was doing everything I could from ramen at work to the cheapest/worst beer I could find to keep gas in my car.
I am not sure brother I haven't even started on my project i just want to get some ideas for the end of my first year, defiantly only going to go with one mod at a time as I have the extra cash, What are your plans for a project car.

OP
OP
Adam Gustafson

Adam Gustafson

Reaction score
If you are college age, you are no doubt well aware of youtube. If you haven't run across already, search Chrisfix. He built a 96 GT into a drift car, and has documented a lot of it in his videos.
Yeah I love what Chrisfix did with his car but I personally want to do something a little bit different.. i don't just want to follow in some ones footsteps.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Seriously! I mean, I suppose I had my Mustang I was doing stuff to, but it was tough!

I am not sure brother I haven't even started on my project i just want to get some ideas for the end of my first year, defiantly only going to go with one mod at a time as I have the extra cash, What are your plans for a project car.

Just look into his build thread. You'll see the project of all projects, one that makes most of our mouths water.

It sounds like what you want is fairly basic. If I had to do it all again, I would have probably started with some better seats. I need them now because mine are all messed up, and it makes me not want to drive the car. If I had good seats, I think I would be competing more.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
Are coilovers really needed? Is this going to be a street driven vehicle as well?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online