Building my 5.0

RichV

Reaction score
Can one of you guys help this guy? He's asking questions on modding a setup for drag racing with big nitrous. Not smart ass remarks from the most knowledgeable member on the forum.

if he has the block there is no reason he can't go bigger in the future. Maybe he's broke from the block purchase. Sheesh, everyone's gotta be a diva.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Unless we know his budget.. it's hard to say. . For rotating assembly I would talk to the guy doing the machine work. . I would def stroke. I like 331 better rod ratio.. a lot of people like doing big bore. More HP... Since he got the block might as well go pass the limits of the stock block other wise it be pointless. 331 or 347 with juice would be nice

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Expensive way:
Get a rotating assembly to go either 331 or 347 c.i. And put at least a afr 205 cc heads with a small combustion chamber, a victor jr. Intake, custom cam, 850 holley double pump with a nitrous plate kit for 150-300 hp shot, red holley electric pump. Then get a tko600 or build c4 to handle the power.
Other way:
Rotating assembly for a 306 c.i., trickflow cnc 185's twisted wedge, custom cam, 36lb inj./90mm Maf, aeromotive 340lph pump w/ t-rex inline pump, holley systemax intake, t3550 trans./c4 trans. , wet nitrous kit, a good tune by any well known tuner.

OP
OP
JohnnyLS89

JohnnyLS89

Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn't go carb lol I like fuel injection too much

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Whats the purpose for the car? Street/strip Or Drag only?

OP
OP
JohnnyLS89

JohnnyLS89

Reaction score
Street and track. Basically to build a fast setup for the drag strip and then maybe some fun at the local car cruises or county line

Addermk2

Reaction score
Can one of you guys help this guy? He's asking questions on modding a setup for drag racing with big nitrous. Not smart ass remarks from the most knowledgeable member on the forum.

if he has the block there is no reason he can't go bigger in the future. Maybe he's broke from the block purchase. Sheesh, everyone's gotta be a diva.

Assuming an unlimited budget...

Billet crank, 3.25" stroke, neutral balance
H beam rods
Forged pistons, 4.125" bore

225cc or larger heads (www.flowtechinduction.com
matching cam (see above)
Edelbrock super victor intake
Accufab carb style TB
twin turbo kit (**** nitrous... waste of time)
BS3 engine management

Built C4 or Powerglide with trans brake

9" rear end.

Racsirx

Reaction score
Lol, boss block with gt40 heads, I would get some TFS 11R heads, TFS R intake, custom grind cam and any cubic inches you want and let the power adder do the rest.

Racsirx

Reaction score
Assuming an unlimited budget...

Billet crank, 3.25" stroke, neutral balance
H beam rods
Forged pistons, 4.125" bore

225cc or larger heads (www.flowtechinduction.com
matching cam (see above)
Edelbrock super victor intake
Accufab carb style TB
twin turbo kit (**** nitrous... waste of time)
BS3 engine management

Built C4 or Powerglide with trans brake

9" rear end.

I wouldnt do a C4 unless you don't mind servicing it a lot, if you are planning on making more than 700hp, also a 9" isn't needed, I just use a 8.8 with 9" ends, seems to be working for us at 1200+ hp range, I have tried 9" rearends on low hp cars and hated it, it robbed too much hp.

OP
OP
JohnnyLS89

JohnnyLS89

Reaction score
I've been told a built AODE will hold up just fine for a transmission. I also have a C4 with with a 5.0 bell housing

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online