Bumpsteer or not to bumpsteer?

Pale Horse

Reaction score
I have a set of ford racing c springs ready to install, will i need a bumpsteer?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not necessarily. It won't hurt, but you'll have to decide if you need or not when you drive it.

I don't have bump steer on mine.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
id lean towards no. I havent seen a detailed write-up on a car with C's installed, so.... we'll have to see how yours turns out :)

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
C-springs?

Thats not really even a drop. Don't bother with the bumpsteer.

Justang

Reaction score
I'm on C springs, with the full dead coil cut off the rears and 3/4 coil off the fronts, and I do not have any bumpsteer issues. Paired them with Koni Str.ts, and while it's certainly lower and stiffer, do not expect to be slammed. I'm happy where it is, and I drive it every day. I chose to install caster/camber plates because I was more comfortable knowing I would get a proper alignment, but even that might not be necessary.

robb15033

Reaction score
I'm on C springs, with the full dead coil cut off the rears and 3/4 coil off the fronts, and I do not have any bumpsteer issues. Paired them with Koni Str.ts, and while it's certainly lower and stiffer, do not expect to be slammed. I'm happy where it is, and I drive it every day. I chose to install caster/camber plates because I was more comfortable knowing I would get a proper alignment, but even that might not be necessary.
How you like the Koni STR T's?
-I have FRPP C springs on the green Mustang in sig picture below. One coil cut in front, 1/2 coil cut on rears. Bumpsteer kits are needed whenever you drop more than standard Ford Racing springs, Steeda springs, and some others. 2" or more of a drop. = bumpsteer kit & X2 balljoints.

Justang

Reaction score
How you like the Koni STR T's?
-I have FRPP C springs on the green Mustang in sig picture below. One coil cut in front, 1/2 coil cut on rears. Bumpsteer kits are needed whenever you drop more than standard Ford Racing springs, Steeda springs, and some others. 2" or more of a drop. = bumpsteer kit & X2 balljoints.

I'm happy with them. Found them on sale, so that was a bonus, but I intended on getting them regardless. I neglected to mention that I didn't use any isos at all with my springs in my previous post. That said, it's a very firm ride but I wouldn't call it harsh. I drive the car almost every day and don't mind it. Koni's lifetime warranty is a plus...hopefully never have to deal with that but you never know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online