cam question

Fryrice

Reaction score
Jrgunn5150 said:
When you get into the more radical cams, unless you are spinning over 6k regularly, they probably aren't worth it. They will bump up your dyno number though.

Also the BBK intake is a way's away yet.

Not true. I hardly ever take mine over 6k. And I have the dyno graphs and data to show that Im making max power way before 6k ,just like many other people. Yeah their different than Stage 1s,but dont make it sound like they are useless in day to day. :)

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Not useless, but the torque lose offset's the HP gain higher up to much for me.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
When i went from VT stage I's in stock PI head's to VT stage II's in Stage II heads (NA cams both), I lost a little over 20 lbt below 4k. My powerband also became somewhat less broad. It was noticeable when driving daily.

Fryrice

Reaction score
I know what your sayin. More importantly its about your setup. My car makes max torque at about 4100 so Im in it pretty quick in 1st. Gearing etc makes a difference also.

But your right ,the band changes . IMO it just comes down to your preference and intent of use. Its like that with any mod really. As they say ,there is no perfect cam profile ,so you have to compromise somewhere. Either down low or up top etc.

Shocker98GT

Reaction score
Boomer! said:
Fryrice said:
Thats what we were sayin. VT has a lot less instances of PTV problems versus Comps.
This also has to do with people being to lazy to degree their cams, with a wider LSA using V/T specs there is a big difference in power. Again not to get bashed I like V/T's grinds but see room for improvement.

This is when you get comp custom grinds :pimp2:

Boomer!

Reaction score
Shocker98GT said:
Boomer! said:
Fryrice said:
Thats what we were sayin. VT has a lot less instances of PTV problems versus Comps.
This also has to do with people being to lazy to degree their cams, with a wider LSA using V/T specs there is a big difference in power. Again not to get bashed I like V/T's grinds but see room for improvement.

This is when you get comp custom grinds :pimp2:

Exactly, this is why I say nothing is better than a custom cam. If you do your homework and look online there are calculators that go into very descriptive details to pinpoint all that is needed to make the "perfect combination". I am talking CSA, runner length,LSA, lift, duration and ect., you can build the ultimate engine but it takes research and money.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Fryrice said:
I know what your sayin. More importantly its about your setup. My car makes max torque at about 4100 so Im in it pretty quick in 1st. Gearing etc makes a difference also.

But your right ,the band changes . IMO it just comes down to your preference and intent of use. Its like that with any mod really. As they say ,there is no perfect cam profile ,so you have to compromise somewhere. Either down low or up top etc.

Right, i could deal with it and didn't mind it. I did have to change my driving style somewhat though, for instance I could easily just let the clutch out, I had to actually rev the motor slightly, no biggie for me, just a side effect he should be aware of.

cmher18

Reaction score
I had Tim at Modular Power house Make me a custom cams. for my new setup. Best money spent in IMO

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
cmher18 said:
I had Tim at Modular Power house Make me a custom cams. for my new setup. Best money spent in IMO
how much did you spend for those?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online