Can i...

Venompower

Reaction score
I'd be looking for a Duramax 2.8 Turbo Diesel out of a wrecked Chevy Colorado if you are serious... anything bigger is going to give you problems with the limited space in the engine bay.

Reaction score
(CassieWinch3ster) Exactly my point!!! People like you make Mustang owners feel embarrassed to drive their cars. Why, because other people see people like you blowing that black shit out of the hood of your junk, and think every Mustang owner is a dumbass. Been building and driving Mustangs for 30 years and never had a ricer thought like a diesel in a sports car. Especially a MUSTANG. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Pallgor

Reaction score
Diesel is way too expensive to even considering that swap

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have to say that my personal opinion that "rolling coal" has to be one of the dumbest things I have heard people being proud of but I am sure there are people that would say that putting side exhaust, cut outs, on a bagged/supercharged mustang might say the same thing so I try not to judge the person saying it.

It will be a lot of work. What swaps have you done before?

TrickVert

Reaction score
@ttocs - The mods you list have no outward detrimental effects (if the cutouts are just used at the track). "Rolling coal" is stupid, irresponsible, useless, inconsiderate, careless, damaging the environment and annoying, if not potentially harmful, to others.

Thyme

Reaction score
If you're trying to stuff a diesel into a mustang, I'd look to some smaller japanese or european diesel engines. Shouldn't be too hard to find a clapped out diesel passat or jetta to yoink the guts out of.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
@ttocs - The mods you list have no outward detrimental effects (if the cutouts are just used at the track). "Rolling coal" is stupid, irresponsible, useless, inconsiderate, careless, damaging the environment and annoying, if not potentially harmful, to others.
correct but then if I showed them what I have put into doing all this I am SURE there are people out there that will call me stupid :) But when your not worried about the resale value the equation changes. I roll my eyes just like most of us do when people talk about it or do it but like I said I try not to judge. I was once a VERY dumb kid, now I am just a stupid adult...

tinnocker

Reaction score
I look at rat rods and think why do they want to do that. Same thing here. I look at one and laugh. We used to be a free country and could do most anything we want. I am not for putting a diesel in a Mustang, and wouldn't paint one pink either, but some do! If that's "your thang" then do it.

Reaction score
Just so we are clear I'm not making this a diesel thing. The only reason I said what I said is because of the fight we are having with the EPA. I really don't care what anyone wants to do to their Mustang or car/truck. The smart thing everybody should do until this EPA ordeal is situated or at least close to it, Is just be mindful of what you want to do with your Mustang/car or truck. Let's not give the EPA anything to use against us. For the people that may not know, The EPA looks at youtube and sees all the illegal crazy shit people are doing with their name tied to it. It's like shooting fish in a barrel for them.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Just so we are clear I'm not making this a diesel thing. The only reason I said what I said is because of the fight we are having with the EPA. I really don't care what anyone wants to do to their Mustang or car/truck. The smart thing everybody should do until this EPA ordeal is situated or at least close to it, Is just be mindful of what you want to do with your Mustang/car or truck. Let's not give the EPA anything to use against us. For the people that may not know, The EPA looks at youtube and sees all the illegal crazy shit people are doing with their name tied to it. It's like shooting fish in a barrel for them.

Unfortunately the diesel crowd is an especially easy target to hit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online