Car won't start. No noise from fuel pump

Reaction score
So I was doing some errands for my aunt and when I got home and went back out to my car it wouldn't start. The car tries to turn over, but the fuel isn't getting to the car. I thought at first that it was the battery but I don't think it is. I cannot hear the fuel pump prime when I put the key to on. The fuse for the fuel pump is fine; the fuel pump itself may need to be replaced or maybe the ccrm. Not too sure what happened or why it won't start. Any ideas guys? 97 4.6 manual. The fuel cutoff switch was fine too. Can't think of much more. Tried to bang the bottom of the gas tank and start it. Nothing.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
start simple, check your fuses. No I don't know which one and would not bother with the manual myself. Just go pull/inspect each one both under the dash and the hood to be sure.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Check the relay

if that doesnt work, turn the key on,xget a rat and cover the shrader valvw on the fuel rail, then use a small pick or screwdriver to lightlu push in the valve. If a healthy stream of fuel doesnt come out, you need a fuel pump

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
So I went to town today on my car to access the ccrm. Hopefully that proves to be the issue and I will have my car back up and running.

UPLOADED

16%2B-%2B1

16%2B-%2B2

16%2B-%2B3

4.6Stangrage

Reaction score
Pull the vacuum line and spray some carb cleaner or brake cleaner into the Vacuum port. If it starts, then pressure check. I always personally try the artificial fuel method. It narrows down the causes.

4.6Stangrage

Reaction score
Pull the vacuum line and spray some carb cleaner or brake cleaner into the Vacuum port. If it starts, then pressure check. I always personally try the artificial fuel method. It narrows down the causes.

Sorry dude, this response is like stepping back a few steps... I am curious on what you find out on this. Nice rims btw

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
Sorry dude, this response is like stepping back a few steps... I am curious on what you find out on this. Nice rims btw

Haha it's alright. And thanks they're really fr500s. It (i think) ended up being the fuel pump but I had the ccrm out and off and I replaced the pump but dropped the tank twice. I put everything in my build thread since I don't want to clog up posts if it's related to my car. But now I'm having other issues with the car hahah

4.6Stangrage

Reaction score
Damn, that sucks. I had to pull mine twice in a row because my car wont start on slightly uneven surfaces when the gas tank is at an 1/8th left. I couldnt find anything wrong even though the first time I dropped the tank I replaced the fuel pump. Didnt change anything lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online