*catted* mid pipe questions (fittament, likes/dislikes, etc)

MoonlightGT

Reaction score
boss281 said:
This Mac catted h-pipe was SUPPOSED to fit my automatic 97 GT convertible, only to be told later that sometimes "modifications" were in order if you have an automatic. Lucky me. Note that some of the black paint scraped off in places (see pic) during the fitment, but it's still in unused, great shape.

If you have a 5 speed and want a great sound and a bit more HP, give these a shot. They cost me $275 + shipping, but I'll part with them for $150+shipping (or come get them--I'm in Westminster).

i have this EXACT h-pipe on my car and i love it. It fit great (i have a 5spd) and it really enhanced the sound of my MAC catback, louder and more throaty. I know some people dont't like MAC because they think its cheap but i havent had any problems :dunno:

OP
OP
W

Wes8398

Sorry guys, I wasn't being notified of new posts here for some reason, so I didn't realize I had all of these replies. Thanks for all the help. Seems like it's quite the controversy over this fitting issue with Mac. One thing I'm noticing is that most of you who suggested to purchase Mac have a 5 spd tranny. And those of you who said don't do Mac have the AODE tranny that I have. I think I'll have to stick with what people with Auto trannies are saying and stay away from the Mac stuff. From what it looks like right now, nobody's selling a used midpipe at this time anyway. I'm watching the classifides on 4 or 5 different forums, AND watching Ebay, and nothing has come up lately. There's no way I can afford a new one, even if it's a good deal. I need something used that's a good deal, if I'm going to get anything. There's another thread on here somewhere about how much of a PITA it is to install a midpipe - so that's kinda making me back off the idea as well....can't afford to pay a garage however many hundreds of dollars they're gonna want to install the thing. Actually, going back and reading what I just wrote, it sounds like I just plain can't afford this mod right now.... :-\

voidfinger

Reaction score
Like i said, i have a Aode/4r70w, and my mac fits like a dream. :dunno:

OP
OP
W

Wes8398

voidfinger said:
Off-Road though ... what I meant to say was that everyone with a CATTED Mac midpipe and Auto tranny seem to have fitting problems. I think the cats are what usually hit the tranny...

voidfinger

Reaction score
Wes8398 said:
voidfinger said:
Off-Road though ... what I meant to say was that everyone with a CATTED Mac midpipe and Auto tranny seem to have fitting problems. I think the cats are what usually hit the tranny...

O ok, sorry. I got cats but they were put on an o/r pipe, so it might be different. :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online