changing plugs on 98 cobra

95PGTTech

Reaction score
No. Whatever you spray is going to go into the combustion chamber, and carry the dirt inside the spark plug hole down with it.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Put never seize on the plugs when you install the new ones. Just don't over do it.

dustinv

Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
Put never seize on the plugs when you install the new ones. Just don't over do it.

When I changed plugs last time, I didn't put anti-seize on them (I was new to the aluminum blocks and it was actually the first time I ever changed spark plugs on a car). I know..big oops. Any ideas of how hard it's goin to be to get the plugs out and not break them off in the block?

BTW, how did it go changing plugs 95gtdrop?

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
dustinv said:
uncltrvlnmatt said:

When I changed plugs last time, I didn't put anti-seize on them (I was new to the aluminum blocks and it was actually the first time I ever changed spark plugs on a car). I know..big oops. Any ideas of how hard it's goin to be to get the plugs out and not break them off in the block?

That is an unanswerable question. It depends on allot of things, but be very careful. Also I should have mentioned use the copper anti-seize it is for high heat applications.

95PGTTech

Reaction score
dustinv said:
uncltrvlnmatt said:

Other than in the 2v Lightnings, I've very, very, very rarely had spark plug-into-head issues seeing a couple thousand modulars, both at the dealership (factory) and JDM (modified). That being said, mine gets them regularly at 15,000, and pulled and checked often for my state of tune and sometimes replaced more often than 15K, and I've never had an issue. Change them often, and don't be Hercules putting them back in, and in my opinion you will never have an issue.

oemracing

Reaction score
yeah what is it, like 10 ft. lbs of torque when installing? I think the box normally says hand tight then 1/8 turn after that.

95PGTTech

Reaction score
I use my 3/8" stubby ratchet (about 3"). With the 12" extension to get in the hole, I get them snug. It can't be more than 5-10 ft/lbs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online