Chasing that annoying 4V "Rattle"...again

Reaction score
Those are speedpro pistons, there is nothing wrong with them, they just have their place and apparently it wasn’t in your engine. I used these pistons in @Frank.JD.Perez engine and took it over 7k rpm, and so has he......a lot. They are holding up just fine.

Sucks to see the damage though.

to be fair... my engine has turned over 8k if im not mistaken @lwarrior1016 but yea i drive it on track and bring the rpms up to 7100 at times (usually shift around 6950)

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
to be fair... my engine has turned over 8k if im not mistaken @lwarrior1016 but yea i drive it on track and bring the rpms up to 7100 at times (usually shift around 6950)

And not to help my argument at all but I’ve even heard the guys use them in the circle track cars down here around MIR. OH WELL. Lol I put boost to them and they did not like it at ALL. lol

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Those carnage pictures were cringe worthy for sure!

Wish I could upload the choo choo train steam video of the blow by coming out of the breathers. It was more of a gag than a cringe for me tho when I saw em. Heh.

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The pistons were fine, it was the tune..I have seen the same thing with forged pistons.
Have you noticed all the high end Ford/Chevy factory crate engines come with hyperutectic pistons

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I learned a TON of knowledge when i built that 18.1comp engine. Pistons were forged, bores were propetly sized, the fuel however was not correct for piston heat expansion. Meaning the piston never fully expanded to running temp due to me running E85 when the pistons were designed for propane. Propane being a hotter fuel.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online