Chinese Tire Recall

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
So much for quality control in China. They are out of control with exporting junk.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/25/as-if-poisoned-pet-food-wasnt-enough-chinese-tires-now-failing/

In recent years, products made in China have gained more renown for being cheap than for the quality control behind them. Up until now, inexpensive sneakers that fall apart after a few weeks or DVD players that work erratically have been more of an annoyance and an economic threat as opposed to a physical one. Recent headlines would suggest that might be changing, however. The contaminated pet food that killed dozens of cats not long ago and the video of a Chinese car collapsing in on itself during a European crash test bring the issue of potentially hazardous Chinese imports to a whole new level.

Foreign Tire Sales, Inc. of Union, NJ is suing China's Hangzhou Zhongce Rubber Co. over a series of catastrophic failures of tires they manufactured that resulted in a fatal car crash in Pennsylvania. Hangzhou has been manufacturing tires sold by FTS and other distributors that left out an extra layer of rubber between the steel belts, causing them to overheat and have tread separation similar to the Firestone tires that failed on Ford Explorers several years ago. The tires may need to be recalled and FTS doesn't have the financial resources to deal with something like that, so it's suing the Chinese company to cover the expenses since they built the tires in a way that differed from what was specified. The Wall Street Journal's report on the matter contains additional details, and is well worth a read.

slow-six

Reaction score
need to quit importing that crap into this country. when china starts losing a lot of money ,maybe they will learn. better still buy american. :hammer:

spacemonkey

Reaction score
We have a 250 run of International Navistar chassis going through production for bus conversion at work.All 250 have to go back to the dealer after they are finished with production because they have some cheap a$$ Double Coin tires on them.They are from China.Who in their wright mind would buy a tire with that name let alone put them on a fleet of buses?The buses vibrate so bad it makes your nose,feet and ears itch.International gonna eat any profit on that one.

95Boss

Reaction score
Cheapanese. There are more millionaires per capita in China than just about any country in the world. The unscrupulous bastards pay the poor production workers pennies per hour and export their junk all over the world. Much of it under the guise of being of good quality. Our governments should increase tariffs and stiffen quality controls. Until then, get used to stories like this one.

GDawg

Reaction score
So when has this become a surprise??? Suddenly after hundreds of thousands in the U.S. of Americans have been laid off of their jobs cause of "UNION WAGES" or "AMERICAN BENIFITS" for the Corporate profit which is only Corporate major bonuses of millions paid our to CEOs for ONE year to cut the bottom line, boost profits and lay off hard working Americans... You except your "slave off shore wages" to produce an American product???? Are you that stupid????

You let them screw you for a cheaper Christmas Ornament or Dog Food and than are shocked that the product sucks and you have no job??? There is a reason for our unions, federal safety rules and such. But you right wingers think that the strong get stronger while they are fucking you along with the rest of us. How stupid can America be????

95-stang

Reaction score
Dont worry your not on your own, for years our bread and butter industries have been closing down and relocated there, thanks to cheap labour, we have a lot of unemployment.
It was'nt long ago they bought the rights to MG\Rover cars when the went under, said they would keep production here, but wound up doing just the opposite and retreated back to china. The cars themselves were no wonder cars, but judging by the safety tests on that other chinamobile, you can bet it will be a low quailty deathtrap. :(

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
GDawg said:
So when has this become a surprise??? Suddenly after hundreds of thousands in the U.S. of Americans have been laid off of their jobs cause of "UNION WAGES" or "AMERICAN BENIFITS" for the Corporate profit which is only Corporate major bonuses of millions paid our to CEOs for ONE year to cut the bottom line, boost profits and lay off hard working Americans... You except your "slave off shore wages" to produce an American product???? Are you that stupid????

You let them screw you for a cheaper Christmas Ornament or Dog Food and than are shocked that the product sucks and you have no job??? There is a reason for our unions, federal safety rules and such. But you right wingers think that the strong get stronger while they are fucking you along with the rest of us. How stupid can America be????

Yes, this is what's going on! and by what is allowed to go on, America is pretty stupid.
this is also why I don't shop at Walmart. the came concepts are running strong with them.
Pretty soon America's middle class will be dryed up.

Way back when I was in collage, my history book had a quote behind the front cover.
said" Americal has the best, worst governemnt in the world" I don't remember the author.
basically saying the constiution or system is the best, and the corruption that goes on is the worst.

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
GDawg said:

You sound a bit resentful. The offer still stands for you to bring it to the political section so we can have nice discussion.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
what offer?
I'm not resentfull, but it is pretty pathetic what goes on in the quest for the almighty doller.

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
what offer?
I'm not resentfull, but it is pretty pathetic what goes on in the quest for the almighty doller.
Dalamar said:
what offer?

GDawg was doing some ripping on a post I accidently posted in the lounge, that should have been in the political section. So I invited him in for a discussion. He never showed up, so I thought I would try again.

http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=13061.0

His post is the next to last. Hope this clears it up for you.

GDawg

Reaction score
I am resentful.

I'm living this shit that American greed is doing to us. I work in it ever day with a 150 mile commute and no benefits. I come home get drunk and sound off about it.

I'm too tired to do too much more debating about it.

At least till I'll done moving from one house to another. I'm pretty tired these days.

GDawg

Reaction score
...and hey guys... sorry for my drunken rants but there is a point there. Just sounds stupid when I am wasted.

:drunk:

I guess my point is that I hate when I hear people complain about Unions and liberals. I think Unions are a necessity cause otherwise the corporations will really screw the American worker. They don't hesitate to screw the off-shore worker, why would we think without Unions they wouldn't do the same to us. And laying off American workers to save money is just wrong. America made those companies and once the owners became rich, they don't care about us anymore. Make more money than any human needs, get huge bonuses, think they are above the law... and kill the American dream for the masses and over endulge for the rich to get richer. Capitalism is turning into something ugly.

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
GDawg said:
...and hey guys... sorry for my drunken rants but there is a point there. Just sounds stupid when I am wasted.

:drunk:

I guess my point is that I hate when I hear people complain about Unions and liberals. I think Unions are a necessity cause otherwise the corporations will really screw the American worker. They don't hesitate to screw the off-shore worker, why would we think without Unions they wouldn't do the same to us. And laying off American workers to save money is just wrong. America made those companies and once the owners became rich, they don't care about us anymore. Make more money than any human needs, get huge bonuses, think they are above the law... and kill the American dream for the masses and over endulge for the rich to get richer. Capitalism is turning into something ugly.

The fact is that less than 20% of the national work force is unionized. Most of those are government employees. That is way down from the union hay day. I do have a big problem with unions. At one time they were very necessary, now not so much.

I have belonged to 3 different union locals in N.J. 2 Teamsters locals and 1 Aerospace/Machinists local. Both were absolutely useless. When somebody needed them to fight for them for a legit reason, they said can't help you. If somebody did nothing but screw up at there job, they stood there right behind them. In other words, they made sure that people who did not deserve a job had one, and people who needed a job could not get one, because the company could not get rid of the guy who was screwing up.

All 3 of the locals were lousy at negotiations, we never had good contracts, they never got us anything. A $0.20 per hour raise, per year, for 3 years is not very much. But they would brag about how great of a contract it is because you did not lose any sick or vacation time, but they got more money to go into your retirement fund.

One of the companies I worked for, after I left voted to throw out the union. There wages and benefits went up substantially.

One of the customers I have now just went through a contract negotiation last year. They were on strike for 45 days. The union got them nothing extra. They basically got the contract the company wanted. Some of the employees were violent during the strike towards nonunion employees, management not scabs. It was all caught on video tape. As soon as the strike was over, those employees were fired immediately. Also due to the nature of the strike, the company has announced, due to the nature of the strike we are going to shut the doors when the union contract has expired.

The union did those people allot of good.

These are just a few examples. I am sure this type of crap happens everywhere. I am sure there are some good unions out there somewhere, I just have never seen one.

It seems to me that the union leadership is just a bunch of power hungry :aresehole: that want your money, to give to there power hungry :aresehole: politicians. That is something we do agree on.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
It seems to me that the union leadership is just a bunch of power hungry :aresehole: that want your money, to give to there power hungry :aresehole: politicians. That is something we do agree on.

That sums it up well.
also applies to Most Corporations.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online