classic car insurance

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Hagerty insured me for a declared value of $14k @ $58.16 monthly. This covers me for occasional street driving to work, HPDE/Track day and Autocross with the annual mileage set to 3200.

I don’t have an odometer :D

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Wow. Over here in the UK I pay £375 a year for the Mustang limited to 3000 miles a year with full business cover.

And only £335 a year for my Jaguar X-Type at 16,000 miles a year with business cover.

Suddenly I don't feel I am over-paying reading some of this!

Regards

TMW

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
I still only have liability only, on account that I can’t get Classic/collector car insurance on mine. I don’t know how you guys do it, but supposedly the only way would be if I did not “daily drive” the car. I don’t, and have numerous documentation to back that up, but the policies go, one daily driver per licensed driver. There are two licensed drivers in the household, and 7 cars. 6 cannot be insurance as classics. Only 5 could. If my daughter were of age and licensed, 4 cars. Apparently daily drivers can’t be shared? I asked my husband if we just bought a clunker, or made one of the non running classics my “daily.” He said that would be insurance fraud.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I still only have liability only, on account that I can’t get Classic/collector car insurance on mine. I don’t know how you guys do it, but supposedly the only way would be if I did not “daily drive” the car. I don’t, and have numerous documentation to back that up, but the policies go, one daily driver per licensed driver. There are two licensed drivers in the household, and 7 cars. 6 cannot be insurance as classics. Only 5 could. If my daughter were of age and licensed, 4 cars. Apparently daily drivers can’t be shared? I asked my husband if we just bought a clunker, or made one of the non running classics my “daily.” He said that would be insurance fraud.

Have you called haggerty? Several members have used them with no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
We have Haggerty over here in the UK too.

I'm not with them at the moment, but had my previous SN95 and my former Merc SL500 with them and they were always competitive and great service.

Regards

TMW

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Idk but I only have Hagerty insurance on one vehicle. The two household daily drivers are insured by State Farm.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
We have Haggerty over here in the UK too.

I'm not with them at the moment, but had my previous SN95 and my former Merc SL500 with them and they were always competitive and great service.

Regards

TMW
just the price or what about them are you not happy about?

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
They are classic only so wouldn't insure my X-Type and also couldn't do business cover so had to go elsewhere.

Also got a trip round Silverstone F1 track in my first SN95 with them on a "Drive-It" day they organised when I was with them back in 2007 or so...

Would definitely go back to them.

Regards

TMW

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
They are classic only so wouldn't insure my X-Type and also couldn't do business cover so had to go elsewhere.

Also got a trip round Silverstone F1 track in my first SN95 with them on a "Drive-It" day they organised when I was with them back in 2007 or so...

Would definitely go back to them.

Regards

TMW

That is amazing, Silverstone is on my “places to visit” list.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Has any one ever heard about listing your cars under pleasure if you have a company vehicle that you work for
When I had company vehicle o found that I could list my vehicles like that
The price was surprisingly low

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
That is amazing, Silverstone is on my “places to visit” list.

It's not as glamorous as other tracks, believe me. I've been there 3 or 4 times now including an F1 weekend and another time being driven round it by a professional racing driver in a Reynard.

I will see if I can dig a couple of photies out of the time the SN95 went tomorrow and post them here...

Regards

TMW

Akurma

Reaction score
Hagerty insured me for a declared value of $14k @ $58.16 monthly. This covers me for occasional street driving to work, HPDE/Track day and Autocross with the annual mileage set to 3200.

I don’t have an odometer :D

wait wait wait, Hagerty lets you do autoX/HPDE?!? I'll have to check my policy as i currently have Hagerty for my 65 mustang and 99 GT.

Paladin1001

Reaction score
I have had a policy with American Modern for my 2 Foxes for almost 20 years, with no issues. I can't track them or DD them but its cheap, 5K on one and 3K per year on the other and I haven't ever gone over on the miles. I can take road trips I just have to let them know and the cars will be covered. For both cars with stated values of 10k and 5K I only pay 375 per year. I have not had a ticket this century though so I think that helps my rates.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
wait wait wait, Hagerty lets you do autoX/HPDE?!? I'll have to check my policy as i currently have Hagerty for my 65 mustang and 99 GT.

It was one of the “intended usage” options when filling out the application.

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
I will see if I can dig a couple of photies out of the time the SN95 went tomorrow and post them here...

Ok, took a bit longer than I said but...

Pit Lane queuing to go out...

IMG_0685.JPG

IMG_0687.JPG

Front of the Queue!

IMG_0707.JPG

Out on Track...

IMG_0719.JPG

IMG_0726.JPG

IMG_0727.JPG

Across the line...

IMG_0728.JPG

And back to the Pits...

IMG_0765.JPG

It wasn't a fast run - I think the most we got to was 70 but if you look at some of the other cars in the queue at the start there were some old classics in there. It was great to be at the front of the batch that went out as the experience wasn't blocked at all by someone else.

A good day out - and all courtesy of Hagerty!

Regards

TMW

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
I know what you mean.

I got myself an old Rev 2 Toyota MR2 for my 40th which needed a lot of work. Once it was ready, it's first trip was round the Snetterton track. I got in some practise in advance and, as you say, you feel like you've already done it once you've done the console versions.

Can't tell you how many times I won Monaco on the old Microprose Formula 1 Grand Prix (anyone else remember that???)...

Regards

TMW

Boostr1

Reaction score
I got the Hot Rod policy through Grundy (don't need special plates), 13k coverage, 3000 miles, and has to be garage kept. But like any other regular insurance if I take it to the track and wreck they won't cover it. Then again I don't go to the track often.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online