Cleaning Porter Cable Pads also How much pressure to apply?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
When your done with your PC pads how do you clean them? What kinda soap? I just put them in 'delicate' in my washing machine with some of that soap for light linens and dark clothes (mild soap)...work good? or any tips?

Also when applying the finishing pad really squishes out good when using the PC, what speed should I use for finishing pad, also how much pressure? just let the PC's own weight handle it? What about pressure for the Cutting and Polishing pads?

If I were to install a glaze/polish with the finishing pad, then I wanted to install a Carnuba wax with the finshing pad should I wash it in-between?

Thanks!!

wytstang

Reaction score
Since it just foam just good old soap and water and let air dry. This topic came up on autopia and most pro details use soap/water and let air dry, for tuffer stains they use Charlies soap.

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
When your done with your PC pads how do you clean them?  What kinda soap?  I just put them in 'delicate' in my washing machine with some of that soap for light linens and dark clothes (mild soap)...work good? or any tips?

Also when applying the finishing pad really squishes out good when using the PC, what speed should I use for finishing pad, also how much pressure? just let the PC's own weight handle it? What about pressure for the Cutting and Polishing pads?

If I were to install a glaze/polish with the finishing pad, then I wanted to install a Carnuba wax with the finshing pad should I wash it in-between?

Thanks!!
Wash them in the sink with warm/hot water and dish soap. Squeeze water out and let air dry. You can put it on the PC and crank it up, that'll get rid of a lot of the water.

If you're getting splattering, spread the wax out by dabbing around the whole area before buffing. Speed shouldn't be too fast, so like 2-3ish maybe, enough so you get good coverage. Use the weight of the PC. When getting out swirls with the cutting pad, bump up the speed and use a slight bit more pressure.

Yes, definatly wash the pad.

NXGHOST

Reaction score
I make it a point to use a low sudsing cleaner. Cleaners such as those designed for Microfiber and pad cleaning (Microrestore). Or good ol simple green.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online