Clutch/Flywheel/Cable Quadrant combo

BigTang

Reaction score
What's everyone running?

I need to replace mine soon, the clutch slips on any launch over 3500 and the throwout bearing is making noise and I think the cable is stretched.

On a stock t-45 in a 98 cobra, 6 or 8 bolt flywheel? 11" clutch? 10 or 26 spline? I love it when the catalogs give you options like that and I really don't want to tear into the car to find out what I need to order then wait another week for parts.

Is the king cobra still the way to go? It was pretty much the only option 10-12 yrs ago besides a centerforce(thats how long i've been out of the 5spd game)

I'm running mild mods & drag radials, some driving in traffic, mostly it sits in the garage.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
^ what he said.

as for brands... spec, centerforce, FRPP... all safe choices.

5litrarag

Reaction score
And dont cheap out... get a nice fresh OEM cable.

OP
OP
B

BigTang

Reaction score
thanks guys.

as for the quadrant just a normal aluminum replacement one or is there any reasoning behind the funny looking double ones?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
the OEM one is best if its just a street car with a street clutch.

once you get into hard-core clutches, the plastic ones car warp/crack/break.

if you want to change it out, get one with multiple adjustment settings. I havea steeda one. I dont like steeda in anyway as a company, but the quadrant looks sound.

also, getting an aftermarket clutch may require an adjustable quadrant/cable/firewall adjuster.

5litrarag

Reaction score
Didn't see where he was building a racecar..... but I fully disagree. An OEM cable kicks the crap out of any adjustable cable...regardless of the cars purpose. Btw im running a Ram HD 900 clutch, billet flywheel with an oem cable and steeda quadrant and adjusted. No problem...smooth as fresh shaven poon.

Venomous96Cobra

Reaction score
I personally love what I went with!

Previously had a king cobra clutch kit and a bbk adj cable, bbk quadrant...

Recently switched to a Ram HD Clutch kit and a ford racing cable/quadrant kit... :la: absolutely love the pedal feel and the grip...

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
5litrarag said:
Didn't see where he was building a racecar..... but I fully disagree. An OEM cable kicks the crap out of any adjustable cable...regardless of the cars purpose. Btw im running a Ram HD 900 clutch, billet flywheel with an oem cable and steeda quadrant and adjusted. No problem...smooth as fresh shaven poon.

i completely agree the oem cable quality is bar-none. my spec stage 2's travel distance was too long for the OEM unit, requiring a cable that could "lengthen." The cable with 2"s worth of adjustment at the end was my only option.

aftermarket quadrant + firewall adjuster wouldnt work with the OEM cable...

I meant to specify that with an aftermarket clutch he may need a different set up not due to performance, but due to other cercumstances...

Anyways, he wont be using a hard-core clutch any time soon, but yes, *when* he does he will *should* get a metal quadrant.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online