Control arm angles

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Hi all I have a 2001 new edge which has been lowered and although it’s not scrapping the ground I’m a little concerned about the angle of the control arms and the angle the tie rods are exiting the steering rack (see photos).
Now I know a bump steer kit will help to a-line the tie rods so they will be more parallel to the steering rack but will it be enough?
Is this what everyone else’s control arms look like ?
It just looks wrong or is this normal and safe?AA0E591A-EDF3-4CB9-81DC-B307D56E7130.jpegF380A6E8-C101-476D-8DE7-90B63A667272.jpeg

Benni614

Reaction score
Hi all I have a 2001 new edge which has been lowered and although it’s not scrapping the ground I’m a little concerned about the angle of the control arms and the angle the tie rods are exiting the steering rack (see photos).
Now I know a bump steer kit will help to a-line the tie rods so they will be more parallel to the steering rack but will it be enough?
Is this what everyone else’s control arms look like ?
It just looks wrong or is this normal and safe?View attachment 8039View attachment 8040
Well when u lower the stang u change alot. Look into the bump steer that will realign the tie rod where it needs to be I have a brand new set never used never open that I was gonna install prior to going tubular a arms and k member if u wanna buy them just FYI is all. But yes u will need
Camber caster plates.
Bump steer
Make sure all rubber bushings are good and lower control arm ball joint isn't bad.
But yeah let me know either way if I can help

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Well when u lower the stang u change alot. Look into the bump steer that will realign the tie rod where it needs to be I have a brand new set never used never open that I was gonna install prior to going tubular a arms and k member if u wanna buy them just FYI is all. But yes u will need
Camber caster plates.
Bump steer
Make sure all rubber bushings are good and lower control arm ball joint isn't bad.
But yeah let me know either way if I can help

Hi mate first of I have no idea what FYI means :)
Plus I’m in the U.K. so all depends on how much you want for them and how much postage would cost.
Are they the ones with the washers you use to shim them or are they the ones that you need to drill ?
My email if you want to chat more is
[email protected]

Benni614

Reaction score
Hi mate first of I have no idea what FYI means :)
Plus I’m in the U.K. so all depends on how much you want for them and how much postage would cost.
Are they the ones with the washers you use to shim them or are they the ones that you need to drill ?
My email if you want to chat more is
[email protected]
Hey bro here they are lol sorry fyi mean for your information sorry

https://lmr.com/item/SVE-3130BB/mus...MIo4eX6uWf7QIVS0KGCh189wNyEAQYASABEgKPnPD_BwE

Benni614

Reaction score
going to take a look at them now mate. So what would you like for them and any idea on postage cost?
Negative on the postal but where I live is 19904 zip code
And 50 bucks its urs again brand new never used at all I have pics if need be

Benni614

Reaction score
Negative on the postal but where I live is 19904 zip code
And 50 bucks its urs again brand new never used at all I have pics if need be

Along with drag wheels and tires and turbo

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Steeda has extended length ball joints that will lift the steering knuckle/spindle to help correct the lower control arm angle.

move had a look but can’t see them
Are we talking about the ball joint that go into the control arms (A arms)?

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Along with drag wheels and tires and turbo

Is it a full turbo kit or just a turbo?
Looking into postage cost now. Any idea on roughly the weight and parcel size?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Another band-aid fix would be offset steering rack bushes. You can then raise or lower the steering rack relative to the OEM mounting location to lessen the amount of bumpsteer adjustment you’ll need.

Benni614

Reaction score
Another band-aid fix would be offset steering rack bushes. You can then raise or lower the steering rack relative to the OEM mourning location to lessen the amount of bumpsteer adjustment you’ll need.
Yes but that will need be ALL u need the offset bushings will wear fast without a bump steer. Been there done that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online