Convertible back side window stuck

khan.cross

Reaction score
97 convertible passenger rear window is stuck when in lowest position, I need to lift it by hand when pressing the up button.

Removed the inner plastic trim but there is very low to no access to the window.

What is the way to adjust the rear windows?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
have you tested for power at the motor while pushing the switch? Start there and see if the motor has power.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
on both wires or just one? I ask because if should show ground on both wires, till the switch is hit then one side will show +12v when it goes up, when the other switch is hit the other wire has +12v on it to make it go down. The switch system is a master/slave system where it can lose half of its movement with a bad connection or switch. If it has power in both directions there are some bushings you might need to replace.

OP
OP
khan.cross

khan.cross

Reaction score
I mean, I havent checked the voltage but the window goes up and down. But the difference is, when it is fully slided down, it wont go up again until I slightly pull it up or move it a little with my hand, press in same time the up switch. So I think it stucks but I cannot have access to the window, very less space.

Can make a video but dont know if I can upload it here

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ok it sounds like the bushings could be going out or maybe it is just off track a little and creating some friction.

OP
OP
khan.cross

khan.cross

Reaction score
I think so too, the window is out of its track. As mentioned very limited access to adjust anything. Are there any adjustment screws for the quarter windows?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am not familiar with vert windows but I know at least on the front windows there are some plastic parts that can come off or break and cause some problems. You might try reaching down below it to see if there are any loose pieces bouncing around.

OP
OP
khan.cross

khan.cross

Reaction score
I created a bit more room to see what is going on inside and have first oiled the whole mechanism. The window does not stuck at bottom now but it seems the rails or the bushings are worn out a bit. I can create a stop and with it the window with it it will not come down to the very lowest point but less room to drill a hole and use a screw as a bumper. For this the whole window mechanisim need to be come out. IMG_20230812_172049814.jpg

Snorky

Reaction score
The last little tooth on one of mine is gone so when it goes down it won't go back up. But if I push it a tint bit it will go up and down as needed until it bottoms out like before. 3 bolts hold the glass and another 3 hold the window track in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online