Dash clock conversion

dubsos

Reaction score
Hey guys! How's it going? I recently got my hands on a product from dasai, the mochi! It's a little screen with a face that cycles through animations. I'd like to retain a stock appearance on the interior so, I'm going to remove my old dash clock (broken) and put the mochi lcd in place of the clock screen. The mochi is powered through USB type C and I would like to re wire it to the dash clock wires if possible. Does anyone know if the power that the dash clock is receiving would be enough to power the mochi instead. How would I check to ensure I'm not going to short anything? Thanks, you guys have been an endless source of help. <3

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Should be fine. The dash clock gets 12VDC and you could simply wire it into that.

or

You can buy a USB outlet, wire into the clock circuitry and then plug the mochi into that.

Good luck and take pictures!

OP
OP
D

dubsos

Reaction score
Should be fine. The dash clock gets 12VDC and you could simply wire it into that.

or

You can buy a USB outlet, wire into the clock circuitry and then plug the mochi into that.

Good luck and take pictures!
Thanks! This is what I was looking for, I did a test fit and it's surprisingly perfect. I will post results soon!

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
Thanks! This is what I was looking for, I did a test fit and it's surprisingly perfect. I will post results soon!
Any updates? I’m honestly interested in this product. Would be nice if they spoke other languages though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.