Debate on best wax product

green5.0guy

Reaction score
Mugires ultimate shine wax products OR/V.S. Mothers shine wax

Personally I use Mugires ultimate wax products, I have tried both and i can say Mothers shine wax dose not compete :)

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ????

mygreengt

Legend
Reaction score
step into the world of not off the shelf products. worlds better.

the best

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Default.asp?Redirected=Y

http://www.autogeek.net/

personal favorite is Pete's 53 from Chemical Guys. (CG)

5258979682_999781546a_z.jpg

silversn

Reaction score
+1 for chemical guys products. i have a pot of XXX hardcore wax i am dying to try - just got it in. also, autoglym hd wax is awesome. great durability, feel and shine. beads water like crazy.

to the OP - there are some good off the shelf products out there. i've really been wanting to try meguiar's mirror glaze 26. lots of positive reviews on this wax.

miss2slocoupe

Reaction score
OMG the best wax i have ever used is the Mugires one! but not in the red bottle, its there new one in a purple one! loved it, made a huge difference

Orange Stang

Reaction score
ive been wanting to pick up some XXX from chemical guys for the orange car.

If you want a good off the shelf wax, try liquid glass. Shit great, tough and shines like a mofo, plus the more you put on the tougher it gets against rocks and stuff.

But im addicted to chem guys..... So i have to say petes 53 is the shit!

mygreengt

Legend
Reaction score
yea idk if any one has heard but JAX WAX is a very good wax product also but idc hands down i would rather use mugires shine wax over anything else thats just me
what other waxes have you tried? i guarantee you that you will fall in love with a Chemical Guys LSP.

Scitec

Reaction score
Liquid Glass + Meguiar's #16

6zy4uw.jpg

f1jclk.jpg

Yeah I know ... I need Spacers or other wheels :p

Scitec

Reaction score
liquid glass ftw!

Hells Yeah .... but I need to test Jet Seal 109. Make some before and after pics.
Btw I have 6 Liquid Glass coats on my Mustang. After 5 Month the gloss, protection and beading is like I fresh sealed it !!!

Scitec

Reaction score
You won't get that kind of reflection with every paint.

I know ....black cars had the best reflections :'( But anyhow, the CG Wax looks a bit different to the #16. It looks a bit more wet, clear and darker. Sometimes it's hard to see some difference between Waxes and Sealants. I think the CG wax is easier to apply, though. If you only take a little bit to much of the #16 it's very hard to buff it off

02GT

Reaction score
NOTHING and I mean nothing compares to Collinite 845. Best durability and gives great shine. i always put on a coat of 845 and top it with AutoGlymHD

Scitec

Reaction score
NOTHING and I mean nothing compares to Collinite 845. Best durability and gives great shine. i always put on a coat of 845 and top it with AutoGlymHD

So "liquid" wax top it with "hard" wax? Sounds interesting. I have a free test of Meq. liquid wax. I'll test it to top this with #16 wax. How long you wait between the caots?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
did a good cleaning of my car last weekend. Started off with mugwires glaze, went to petes 53(that does smell so damn good) and then finished it with jetseal 109. Now I did this all last year and do not drive the car in rain, so I was amazed to notice the water NOT beading up at all when I washed it. I was a little suprised to see it had worn off because I only wash it a couple times a year. Dust it off with a california car duster and some wax/detail spray from time to time but thats all that touches the paint. Been meaning to get some pics but got sick again and back in the hospital. Sucks double as my mustang clubs carshow is tonight.

miss2slocoupe

Reaction score

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
and your his biggest fan right?

Go figure the girl in the group recognizes him. I could not pick him out from any other nappy headed kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online