Debating cutting mufflers out

Mustang_Sally

Reaction score
hey guys I just got a quote for 55 dollars a side to cut out the mufflers and straight pipe it. I've seen a couple videos on YouTube and I like the sound but don't like the popping, let me know what you guys think!

Thanks in advance,
Mustang Sally

Goldmember

Reaction score
The sound and the popping will get annoying in about 2 days. Save a little more money and do Flowmasters... save a little more still and step up to Magnaflow... straight-pipe will leave it sounding like a '69 F250.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
$60 is a waste of money to cut mufflers.

You can go open headers for free.
Or save yourself the trouble and get some mangaflows or borlas.

turion94

Reaction score
I debated the same thing and went through with it. My car was pretty quiet with Flowmasters and stock cats and I wasn't really happy with it. I didn't have the money to buy a full exhaust so I paid a local shop $60 dollars to just cut the mufflers out and strait pipe from the cats back. Here is a video of my car awhile back after I had the mufflers cut out. I think it sounds decent for what it is. [video=youtube_share;x9obXINU8Xw]http://youtu.be/x9obXINU8Xw[/video]

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
MS - if youre gonna try and keep it cheap then at least save up a few bucks and get some single chambers

OP
OP
M

Mustang_Sally

Reaction score
Well I think it's pretty much decided! This will not be happening EVER. PM me with you have anything for sale!

Thanks for being the level headed ones, when I get bored I get gung ho.

Mustang Sally

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Go for it.. ............. if you wanna sound like sh!t lol

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Good choice haha. You could even get some Magnaflow Magnapack mufflers for like 65 bucks each and have em welded into your stock catback.