deleting smog pump what to expect

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
well im getting ready to do this and was wondering will deleting this throw any codes and if i delete everything now and assemble it will the pump there but all the lines disconnected for awhile till i remove the pump will it hurt anything?

ryclef331

Reaction score
NO! Smong pump will not throw codes! Expect more room to work around the passenger side! DITCH IT!

treydavid

Reaction score
I plan on doing this myself and have heard nothing but good things coming from it. Some say the exhaust sounds meaner too!

Reaction score
treydavid said:
I plan on doing this myself and have heard nothing but good things coming from it. Some say the exhaust sounds meaner too!

whoever told you that never listen to a thing they have to say again

treydavid

Reaction score
Jasperstang308 said:
treydavid said:

The smog pump is putting air into your exhaust. May have something to do with that. I have read several post on other forums where those who have performed the delete claim to have a change in exhaust note. No first hand experience...yet.

Hicks

Reaction score
How would you go about deleting it? Details? :rice:

ryclef331

Reaction score
treydavid said:
Jasperstang308 said:
treydavid said:

The smog pump is putting air into your exhaust. May have something to do with that. I have read several post on other forums where those who have performed the delete claim to have a change in exhaust note. No first hand experience...yet.

I know that much but I HIGHLY doubt a tube that small changes anything.

slowjunk50

Reaction score
I can get you a belt size. You have to route it a little different also.

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
ive got this tube of clay its like a 2 part and once you work it together it will harden like steel so im going to cut both lines where they both come up and plug them with this stuff

scootin95gts

Reaction score
yah i del mine and just put a pulley and bracket...easy,better looking and makes that exhaust smell like u got something mean under the hood.

ryclef331

Reaction score
scootin95gts said:
yah i del mine and just put a pulley and bracket...easy,better looking and makes that exhaust smell like u got something mean under the hood.

SMELL like you got something under the hood? Noxious fumes aren't what would call "intimidating." You guys crack me up sometimes...

By ditching the smog pump, you're going to free up all of MAYBE 5hp. The biggest benefit is more room to work under the hood and it cleans it up. As for the pulley delete kit....buy it you want but I'd just buy a short belt and call it a day. The belt length will vary depending on you pulley sizes (i.e. what underdrive manufacturer or if you have a blower). If you have a blower, you might not be able to get away with out the pulley as the tensioner might not be able to "push" hard enough on the belt and get enough wrap around on the pullies and the belt will slip. I have great luck just shortbelting it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online