Diesel Corvette?

94Vert

Reaction score
This was on another web site i visit:

Chevrolet has announced that they will introduce a diesel-powered Corvette next spring as a 2009 model. The 2009 Chevrolet Corvette Diesel will be powered by a specially-designed 5.7 liter V8 diesel with twin turbochargers. Output for the engine, developed in cooperation with Isuzu, is estimated at 350 horsepower and 675 lb-ft of torque.

“We feel that with its high fuel economy and strong low-end torque characteristics, the turbodiesel is the perfect engine for the Corvette,†says a General Motors spokesperson. Early tests indicate that the Corvette Diesel accelerates from 0 to 60 in just over 4 seconds and achieves real-world fuel economy of 32 to 37 MPG.Chevrolet has hinted that if the Corvette Diesel is a hit with buyers, they may consider phasing out gasoline-powered Corvettes altogether and making the turbodiesel engine the exclusive powerplant for the iconic American sports car.............

The diesel Corvette will go on sale April 1st, 2008. Happy April Fool’s Day, everyone!

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
yeah i skimmed through it but new it was BS.. why would chevy even think of that? rofl

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would like to see them put a diesel in a vette. But I think it should be a Mack E-7 E-tech engine. 728 cubic inches baby. Besides, that would be the end of the vette.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online