Dilema...

Cpotts13

Reaction score
With around 1k to spend should I:

A:
Buy a set of staggered rims, with 2 wider tires for the rear.

or

B:
-H&r super sport springs
-H&r hubcentric wheel spacers
-sr cc plates
-sr cc lcas

Side notes.. The rims on the car currently are 18x9 cobra r reps, the pitfall to them are theyre in very bad condition (curb rash, chrome flaking) and the tires on them are a bit small for the width (245/45/18). I also have a set of bilsteins already ordered that would compliment the other suspension bits...

Opinions?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cut the mach 1 springs and buy some new wheels.

You don't NEED cc plates, spaces, or lca's. But if you're rocking cobra R's i'd say you NEED new wheels lol.

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Cut the mach 1 springs and buy some new wheels.

You don't NEED cc plates, spaces, or lca's. But if you're rocking cobra R's i'd say you NEED new wheels lol.

good point they arent the best, wont cutting the front spring fuxk up the handling? Considering it is linear?

slow90coupe

Reaction score
If it was my car, I'd buy the H&R springs, try to sell the Cobras (probably $500), then buy some FR500's or something.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
good point they arent the best, wont cutting the front spring fuxk up the handling? Considering it is linear?

I think you have them mixed up. A progressive spring will have an altered spring rate if you cut it. A linear spring has a fixed rate.

SPRING-TYPES-1.jpg

Mach 1 springs are just like cobra, bullitt, v6, or GT springs. They can be cut a bit without sacrificing drivability and handling. Just don't go overboard.

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
If it was my car, I'd buy the H&R springs, try to sell the Cobras (probably $500), then buy some FR500's or something.

I think i am leaning towards this.. reason being, if i am going to go to all the trouble of removing the old springs I might as well do it once and do it right...
also i can prolly mak $250-$300 on the stock tokicos and springs, then possibly $250 on the rims..

I think you have them mixed up. A progressive spring will have an altered spring rate if you cut it. A linear spring has a fixed rate.

SPRING-TYPES-1.jpg

Mach 1 springs are just like cobra, bullitt, v6, or GT springs. They can be cut a bit without sacrificing drivability and handling. Just don't go overboard.

Yeah I did get it mixed up.. haha

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
H&R SS plus wheels and used front tires. This should be in ur 1k budget as the used tires up front should compensate for the springs.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Lowering the car is gonna make a big enough difference in how it looks that you won't even be worried about the cobra r's being in rough shape for a while. But like said above, run em long enough to sell em and but the wheels you want!

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
H&R SS plus wheels and used front tires. This should be in ur 1k budget as the used tires up front should compensate for the springs.

any good sites to buy used tires? cl is dead in my area.. and surrounding areas aswell..

Lowering the car is gonna make a big enough difference in how it looks that you won't even be worried about the cobra r's being in rough shape for a while. But like said above, run em long enough to sell em and but the wheels you want!

yes.. the struggle is real..

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am sure that sooner or later you will upgrade the wheels even if you do not know. Don't waste the money on spacers, save it for the wheels or something use full later.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Cut the springs. With good shock and struts the ride should be fine. Paint the rims or polish them your self. There was a how to here I think. Keep saving up money for something better. .

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Option B. Springs will do a lot more for the car than wheels on a 4x4 mustang. Get stock Mach wheels and it'll look much better. Save up for new wheels.

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Ok I have to update my opinion. I put new struts/shocks on my car with 3 coils cut off my stock springs and it rides amazing. No lie, it rides like stock. Amazing.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ok I have to update my opinion. I put new struts/shocks on my car with 3 coils cut off my stock springs and it rides amazing. No lie, it rides like stock. Amazing.

I would have to see it to believe it as it just sounds funny to me to cut off 3 coils and say it rides like stock....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99