Do I need an oil separator?

NERD

Reaction score
With MMR's shortblock I had so much blow by I had to bung the headers and dump it through the exhaust, lol. (I rarely talk about the negative things with my old Sxy.) A good O/W separator should be added to even stock modulars after a hard 100k miles and is an absolute must for anything blown.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Sorry to jack your thread but I could use some help with blow by on my dads 347...given it's in a fox so the valve covers dont have multiple hook ups. I just have the catch can being run directly between the PCV lines. Do it would go PCV (back of lower intake), hose to catch can, Catch can, hose to hook up on Holley Systemax upper. I kept the line that runs from the valve cover to the TB as well. Well I ran his car and could tell the catch can was getting some oil but upon inspection after cool down, this was after a short short drive, I still had a puddle of oil sitting in the CAI. What else can I do?

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
With MMR's shortblock I had so much blow by I had to bung the headers and dump it through the exhaust, lol. (I rarely talk about the negative things with my old Sxy.) A good O/W separator should be added to even stock modulars after a hard 100k miles and is an absolute must for anything blown.

Thats pretty crazy. I have read of one or two guys having to do that on prior forums. Yeah I really should have done this a while ago, I'm going to make it into a fall/winter little project and cleanup the bay a bit with some nice hoses and fittings to the catch can.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001