Does anyone know about the CCRM

Saint

Reaction score
Will a bad relay inside a CCRM cause a no spark issue???? Such as no spark at the coil or plugs.........

Thanks

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
The CCRM has the fuel pump relay, Hi speed rad.fan relay, and lo speed rad. fan relay, and the a/c relay..
No spark can come from the dizzy, or the TFI module (ignition control module under the air filter), bad coil.
Ultimately spark is controlled from the computer. But those are the components that tell the computer what's up.

95opal

Reaction score
The CCRM has the fuel pump relay, Hi speed rad.fan relay, and lo speed rad. fan relay, and the a/c relay..
No spark can come from the dizzy, or the TFI module (ignition control module under the air filter), bad coil.
Ultimately spark is controlled from the computer. But those are the components that tell the computer what's up.

+1

OP
OP
Saint

Saint

Reaction score
guess I'll be getting a new ccrm and computer. Only thing I can think of that's causing this. I found a complete list of what all the ccrm controls. Theere are two relays in there that operate the eec which will cause a crank no start issue when one fails. Took me two days to find that post.

Here's the list:

Pin Circuit Wire Color Application Abbreviation
1 260 R/O Power to Cooling Fan (Low Speed) PTF
2 260 R/O Power to Cooling Fan (Low Speed) PTF
3 38 BK/O B (+) to Fan Relay B (+)
4 38 BK/O B (+) to Fan Relay B (+)
5 238 DG/Y Power to Fuel Pump PTP
6 261 O/BK Power to Cooling Fan (High Speed) PTF
7 261 O/BK Power to Cooling Fan (High Speed) PTF
8 37 Y B(+) to EEC Power Relay B(+)
10 37 Y B(+) to EEC Power Relay B(+)
11 37 Y B(+) to Fuel Pump Relay B(+)
12 361 R Vehicle Power VPWR
13 16 R/LG Ignition Start/Run IGN
14 228 DB Low Speed Fan Control LFC
15 570 BK/W Power Ground PWR GND
16 57 BK A/C Clutch Ground PWR GND
17 639 LG/P High Speed Fan Control HFC
18 926 LB/O Fuel Pump Circuit FP
21 198 DG/O A/C Cycling Switch ACCS
22 331 PK/Y Wide Open Throttle A/C Cut-Off WAC
23 347 BK/Y Power to A/C Clutch Coil PTAC
24 361 R Vehicle Power VPWR

Going to have to get that stickied...When it comes to CCRM All you ever hear is it controls the fan, ac and fuel pump....it controls so much more.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
A lot of those wires just pass through the CCRM but no real controls other what have already been stated.

OP
OP
Saint

Saint

Reaction score
Maybe computer then...I wonder if the computer from my v6 would work until my new one comes in the mail

OP
OP
Saint

Saint

Reaction score
Doubt that's your issue. . How did you check for spark?

Removed the number 1 spark plug connected the #1 wire back to it...grounded the plug to the body and had someone crank the car...it did not spark.

OP
OP
Saint

Saint

Reaction score
keep in mind before this happened the tach needle bounced like crazy with no actual rpm change. Car sound fine and ran fine then just shut off

95opal

Reaction score
keep in mind before this happened the tach needle bounced like crazy with no actual rpm change. Car sound fine and ran fine then just shut off

Id be looking at the ground wire off the coil. Did you check to see if the coil is energizing?

OP
OP
Saint

Saint

Reaction score
Id be looking at the ground wire off the coil. Did you check to see if the coil is energizing?

Coil is getting 11.87 volts but doesn't produce spark. Tested by removing the coil wire fron the dizzy and holding the disconnected end 3/8in away from bare metal on the frame...no spark. Even connected a spark plug to it to test spark....no spark.

F this noise taking my junk to Ford tomorrow. I'll let you all know what they find.

Addermk2

Reaction score
A bad CCRM can indeed cause a no spark issue.

OP
OP
Saint

Saint

Reaction score
A bad CCRM can indeed cause a no spark issue.

Thank you...I have read multiple post stating that on stangnet and finally I get the confirmation here too. Thank you man.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
CCRM-Diagram_zpsd9cc72db.jpg

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I have a spare if you want it. The ccrm from a v6 will work if it's the same. Should have a big R on it. I believe. .

OP
OP
Saint

Saint

Reaction score
I have a spare if you want it. The ccrm from a v6 will work if it's the same. Should have a big R on it. I believe. .

So I went to auto zone with my CCRM. The service rep was a former ford tech. He looked at my CCRM and asked what was happening...told him it had no spark...told him about the bouncing tach...He said "Nope , aint that relay module" he recommended I get a new ignition control module. I was thinking in my head damn...I just replaced that last year (BWD brand).

I figured what the hell, I'll go ahead and replace it after he explained the iggy control module is what controls the signal to the tach. I took my old one off and the grease was still fresh from where I swapped it last year. I bolted it on...bolted my CCRM back, put my ignition switch back in....fired right the **** up. I'll be a bull horned frog Freddie was right!

Guys...I promise from here on out I will never skip steps because "I replaced it already"....never again. I also promise to never put a BWD part on my car again...ever. Keeping my car :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online