dont know what 2 get 125 shot or supercharger anybody got experiance

19inchmustang

Reaction score
if anybody got experiance with both whats better.thank s

[attachment deleted by admin]

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
it all depends what you want to do with your car...

Nitrous is a good kick in the pants, but if you abuse it, your motor can go BOOM

with a supercharger, its constant boost, boost the minute you step on the throttle. Like nitrous, if you use up nitrous, you gotta fill up the bottle everytime.

Like i said, it all depends.

ripper

Reaction score
The difference is like 3 thousand dollars. Thats why all the cars on pinks are sprayed. They dont want to loose a blower.

TRUES97GT

Reaction score
OK, So if you get more bang for you buck with nitros, what is the drawback? I have heard of guys ruining engines with the stuff. Can a stock 4.6 block handle it?

If I have a new 4.6 crate block, ported PI heads and intake running about 300rwhp...can the block handle a 100shot or more?

ripper

Reaction score
Most guys in here are sprayin stock motors with 125shot with no problems. Of course they have also have it dyno tuned. Ive never had a nos car mine is blown. A 100 shot and a mail order tune will probubly be plenty safe. You can just as easy break a motor with a blower as nitros. The only downfall i see with nitros is you have to re-fill the bottles. On the upside your motor isnt getting the boost all the time like a blower.

ripper

Reaction score
Yea i got a heavy foot i guess :hammer:

snoball

Reaction score
We've sprayed up to 175 shot on a stock pi motor with no problems at all with a good tune, gas, and allt he safety equipment (window switch etc). It took the car from a 14.5 (bolt on shit) to 12.1 (nx 175 shot, bolt ons, drag radials)

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Are you going to get two bottles, the big ones, by tonight?

I think you should get 20s, your 19s are too small. You'd be a big baller with 20s.

tooslow

Reaction score
19inchmustang said:
is it safe 2 run 2 bottles

i hope that was a joke. if not, sell your car. please.

Paul, that made me laugh.

if its a daily driver car that gets tracked every now and then. i'd go nitrous. it only strains the engine when you want it to.

if you like having lots of power while daily driving, or you go to the track A LOT, get the blower.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I think you should get the NAAAAWWWWSSSS. Two bottles. Big ones. Or maybe like five or six little bottles underneath your passenger seat.

It will all go very well with your TVs and RiMz and stuff.

fast_furious.gif

I'd monitor your intake though, you could get excessive puddling in the intake, causing blowby in the rings, leading to too much crankcase pressure. If this isn't evacuated correctly you could risk excessive windage causing danger to the manifold. Seriously.

OP
OP

19inchmustang

Reaction score
dosent 2 last longer then having 1.thats my point and 20s look nasty on 96 98 and you cant stagger them.plus rubs in front when you make u turn :slap:

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah two bottles will last longer than one. Sometimes when you're spraying for like a minute straight on the highway and stuff, you need two bottles for racing bikes and stuff. Maybe you should DONK your car and put some 24s on that bitch.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Actually, that's a good idea. I would suggest about 15 psi on a T-Trim, then maybe a fogger kit set on 250 or so.

ripper

Reaction score
eye chi wo wa :eek: Be pickin motor parts out yer ass fer a month

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Tell you what, I'll sell you my T-Trim setup for $3300. It's a custom made one-of-a-kind 10-rib setup for 94-95, includes multiple belts, pulleys, greddy BOV, etc...

It's guaranteed to make you smile.

Then you can put a 125 shot on top of that - you'll be making like 500+rwhp. Go for it.

Paul.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
he better have some deep pockets, a built shortblock, tranny... the list goes on. i dont think that is what he has in mind

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dusky

Members online