dream cars

Makoto

Reaction score
I wouldn't. not because it isn't an awesome car but because i don't think that is worth 350K to me. if I had to spend that kind of money. i'd rather pay off the house, get a 911 turbo, and build a huge shop out at the farm :D

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
pulled into the parking lot tonight at a local place and found one of these sitting there. Didn't know they existed till I did.
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/news/a33542/shelby-f-150-super-snake/

As a native Texan, I understand that I am going against cultural norms by saying this, but IMO, anyone one who would buy that is essentially saying “I want to be just like every other boring person in my suburban neighborhood because I lack imagination, only I want all those other boring people to think I’m better than they are because my F150 is more expensive than their F150 and by default, faster. And just in case they don’t know what a “Shelby” is, I want my F150 in a color that’s NOT white or black, so it will stand out better. ...so I can find it easier in a parking lot. ...and so all the other boring people don’t try to get into my big expensive F150, thinking it’s their own less expensive F150.”

Seriously. Look at that vehicle. Are the owners ever going to take it off road? Are they ever going to tow anything? Ever going throw anything but groceries into that beautiful truck bed? Waste of money. I wanna see this thing pull a trailer with a matching Shelby mustang on it! Won’t happen though.

I wouldn't. not because it isn't an awesome car but because i don't think that is worth 350K to me. if I had to spend that kind of money. i'd rather pay off the house, get a 911 turbo, and build a huge shop out at the farm :D

I used to show my mustang a lot at various local car shows a decade ago. The amount of Ford GTs I would see would amaze you! That pretty much devalued the car for me. I mean, it’s an amazing machine, beautiful, what person wouldn’t want one? ...but they’re like those Shelby AC cobras. When you’ve seen so many, they lose their appeal. Imagine spending $350k on a supercar, only to have another pull up beside you.

I feel like “Roger” from “Gone in 60 Seconds.” “I saw three of these parked outside the local Starbucks this morning, which tells me one thing. There are too many self indulgent wieners in this city with TOO MUCH BLOODY MONEY!”

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
As a native Texan, I understand that I am going against cultural norms by saying this, but IMO, anyone one who would buy that is essentially saying “I want to be just like every other boring person in my suburban neighborhood because I lack imagination, only I want all those other boring people to think I’m better than they are because my F150 is more expensive than their F150 and by default, faster. And just in case they don’t know what a “Shelby” is, I want my F150 in a color that’s NOT white or black, so it will stand out better. ...so I can find it easier in a parking lot. ...and so all the other boring people don’t try to get into my big expensive F150, thinking it’s their own less expensive F150.”

Seriously. Look at that vehicle. Are the owners ever going to take it off road? Are they ever going to tow anything? Ever going throw anything but groceries into that beautiful truck bed? Waste of money. I wanna see this thing pull a trailer with a matching Shelby mustang on it! Won’t happen though.

I used to show my mustang a lot at various local car shows a decade ago. The amount of Ford GTs I would see would amaze you! That pretty much devalued the car for me. I mean, it’s an amazing machine, beautiful, what person wouldn’t want one? ...but they’re like those Shelby AC cobras. When you’ve seen so many, they lose their appeal. Imagine spending $350k on a supercar, only to have another pull up beside you.

I feel like “Roger” from “Gone in 60 Seconds.” “I saw three of these parked outside the local Starbucks this morning, which tells me one thing. There are too many self indulgent wieners in this city with TOO MUCH BLOODY MONEY!”

So the truck driver is a douche for getting something different from everyone else out there and paying more for it, but the super car driver is douche if he doesn't? Just pointing out the irony.

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
So the truck driver is a douche for getting something different from everyone else out there and paying more for it, but the super car driver is douche if he doesn't? Just pointing out the irony.

That’s not exactly what I said. The truck driver is a “douche” for NOT buying something different. Sure, it’s a limited edition, and has more options that make it slightly better than all the million other F150s, but it’s still just an F-150. We’re all mustang enthusiasts here, agreed? The 2020 Shelby Mustang is pretty sweet, right? ...but at the end of the day, it’s just a $70,000 mustang.

Same goes for the truck. For years Ford has been bragging about how they sell a new F-150 every 30 seconds. What happens to all the old ones? Ya know, after the next owner turns it into a work horse until they can’t afford/refuse to fix it? These vehicles are worse than the mustang simply due to their insane production numbers, and throw away life cycle. ...only now you’ve got someone who paid ridiculous amounts for one. And at the end of the day, it’s still just an F-150. IMO, the money could’ve been better spent elsewhere.

The Ford GT owner is NOT a “douche” for not buying something different. It’s still a low production numbered supercar. They don’t make millions of these as cheap runabout base model 4 bangers. I think the confusion in assuming that I meant it wasn’t different was due to the fact that I have seen so many. 2019 is almost over, and I don’t think I’ve seen a single one this year. In fact, I don’t think I’ve seen any of the 2017+ in person. But I also haven’t gone to ANY car shows. The 05-06 models, were everywhere at car shows back in the day. At least the ones I was going to. I mean, sure, I was showing a mustang. And how many freaking mustangs were at the car shows? But at least my car didn’t cost 3 times the amount of the house I was living in at the time. Plus it was different enough being that it was almost always the only round body there.

In a way, they’re like Teslas and corvettes. People buy them for various reasons. And they’re expensive for various reasons. But they’re seen waaay too often (at least here) that they’re not even a status symbol any more. At least they have the production numbers to explain it.

The Ford GT is supposed to be rare. In the Gone in 60 Seconds scene, “Roger” wanted something nice. A rare exotic Italian supercar. But he didn’t want the same exact car that every one local to him had. They were still rare exotic Italian supercars, but to him, it wasn’t cool because he had seen so many. Thus, to him, the car had less value.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
You know what? I could sell several of my guns I never use off and buy this:

mono4.jpg

Can YOU see it?

joe65

Reaction score
I couldn't settle on just one car....i'd have to have at least 3 go to cars.
upload_2020-2-28_11-10-46.png
upload_2020-2-28_11-13-25.png
upload_2020-2-28_11-14-44.png

Werecow

Reaction score
Hell, I'd be happy if my 94 was on the street with a poked and stroked BBF under the hood...

Connie

Reaction score
Ya'll think I'm CRAZY! But, I'm already driving my two. The Redfire '03 GT, and Black '04 Mach1. If I could, I would 'LOVE' a Redfire, Silver or Black '04 Cobra TERMINATOR. That's it. I'm just simple minded. DSC00203.JPG DSC00242.JPG DSC00244.JPG DSC00203.JPG DSC00242.JPG DSC00244.JPG

joe65

Reaction score

searay86

Reaction score
@joe65 audi man. I really wanted to daily a b8 s4 or s5. Everything about those cars are beautiful. the fact that I can have manual awd AND be sexy (sorry subaru) was so cool. But I settled for a chevy cruze lmao

01yellercobra

Reaction score
Ya'll think I'm CRAZY! But, I'm already driving my two. The Redfire '03 GT, and Black '04 Mach1. If I could, I would 'LOVE' a Redfire, Silver or Black '04 Cobra TERMINATOR. That's it. I'm just simple minded. View attachment 3231 View attachment 3232 View attachment 3233 View attachment 3231 View attachment 3232 View attachment 3233
I get it. I'm currently pretty happy with my stable. I'm actually looking outside of cars for my next toy. Well, kind of. The wife and I want a toy hauler and a couple quads.

Connie

Reaction score
Thank you for the posts guys. Yeah, bought the '03 GT new, and hasn't needed anything in 17 years. Well, except for normal Battery changes, and regular maintenance. Only thing that bothers me about both of them is, if I need to finally change out the Starter, Alternator and such; how will the Bolts react when loosening them? I sure hope nice and easy, when the time comes. They have been fantastic cars. I hope there are many others like me, who own really reliable Mustangs, after all these years. Sorry 'Terd-Yoda'.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online